Bugs that I have found so far

Alright So i was hoping This updated version of the game would fix alot of these issues that were in the previous classic version. Some have been fix but it seems others have gotten worse.

First One is completely game breaking. The AI tend to mass suicide their villagers for resources in the player/other enemy territory. When they have perfectly those same resources in/near their base/area. ■■■■ they would have Animals and berry bushes right next their TC and yet they’re over hunting my animals trying to run pass my towers and troops dying over and over until they run out of food and just stall out and die. This happens very early on to, Only way to seemly fix this is if you’re playing on islands since they can’t get to your base by walking there.

2nd Bug Also fairly game breaking. Pathing is still really bad, If not Worse on some cases Now as far as units getting stuck between tree/buildings no issues But if you try to move them in a group they will get stuck on each other instead Like even if a 2 units is moving the same direction The front unit will get stuck on the unit behind it and can’t go forward while the unit in the back is stuck on the one in front of it and its just a chain reaction with any other troops near them even enemy troops.

3rd bug. Units will randomly cancel orders given to them. Some units like the scout if i order it to attack a villager will just randomly cancel that order and go idle a few other units do it to.

4th bug Some what similar to the first bug, the stalling out and dying part. This was an issue back in classic to. At some point the AI will just randomly stall out and stop working their villagers. Like they were defeated or something and stop progressing all together even if they have resources in storage or some that can be collected nearby

5th Bug- Most of this bug has been fixed Its the conversion bug, Back in classic if you remember If you have 2 priests converting the same unit. The unit being converted will be unable to move/attack at least for the AI anyway. But it seems to be fixed on all units expect siege units. They will get that stuck animation. Glad most of this was still fixed because how easy it was to convert the AI. I yet to try and covert buildings like towers to see if they still get the stuck animation still can’t confirm yet.

6th bug- Minor bug, Very rarely when you make a farm it will be unworkable by villagers. It just happen to me for the first time about 30 mins ago, i had to delete and rebuild the farm to make it workable again.

7th- Bug for some reason your units even if there are enemy units near them, They won’t go attack them, They will just stand idle there like they’re on stand ground, when they’re not. This seems to only affect other enemy units and not enemy buildings

Quite a few annoying bugs i can live with some of the minor bugs that i said but the major ones really really need to be fixed

Edit- New bug found- Boats for some reason will try and return resources to docks that are on the otherside of land strips, as in two large bodies of water are sperated by a peice of land and if you have a dock on the otherside of the landstrip while boats on the otherside they will try and go to the one that they can’t get to because its closer in tiles than say another dock in their body of water thats maybe a few tiles further away. Oddly this is the other way around with villagers they will take so lumber to a storage thats nearby over the TC thats one tile closer so they walk all the way around to the storage instead of the TC kinda odd This is a minor bug, but i suppose i should point it out.

Another bug i found is the AI again

Here and there the AI will flip out with a villager spamming it between two tasks rapidly causing the villager to be basically stun lock endlessly also minor as it doesn’t always happen

Yes pathfinding is really annoying, there was the same problem in the beta. And we really need gates for walls because you cant do whatever you want.

About the interface : it will be nice to move the map or the ressources everywhere on the screen and modify the scale of each of it.

When I start a multiplayer math with scenario set to Random Map the graphics look like AOE I and are all but HD and way points are also not working.
It’s working fine with other scenarios.

The AI on normal and mid is doing nothing.

For point 7 - is the diplomacy set to neutral?

@FHDM88 said:
When I start a multiplayer math with scenario set to Random Map the graphics look like AOE I and are all but HD and way points are also not working.

It’s working fine with other scenarios.

The AI on normal and mid is doing nothing.

Yea the AI is really bad, In some campaigns they’re non stop spamming troops untill they dry up and others campaigns they suicide their villagers non stop for an easy win

@nottudwill said:
For point 7 - is the diplomacy set to neutral?

No trust i checked that lol, been playing aoe games for years now

Game will not sync to xbox live for me

Fixed the graphics somehow but AI still super bad on extra hard :confused: I don’t consider myself a serious player. I know the basics from playing Warcraft and playing vs some advanced custome AI on AOE II but this should’nt even be a challenge for noobs.

@“X JUST A TREE X” said:
Game will not sync to xbox live for me

This is more for ingame bugs/problems, i think theres a fix for the xbox live thing on another forum i think its in general discussions

@FHDM88 said:
Fixed the graphics somehow but AI still super bad on extra hard :confused: I don’t consider myself a serious player. I know the basics from playing Warcraft and playing vs some advanced custome AI on AOE II but this should’nt even be a challenge for noobs.

yea its quite terrible, Like i said this is mostly due to the few bugs i mentioned especially the first 2

@“Blaze Nightash” said:
Alright So i was hoping This updated version of the game would fix alot of these issues that were in the previous classic version. Some have been fix but it seems others have gotten worse.

First One is completely game breaking. The AI tend to mass suicide their villagers for resources in the player/other enemy territory. When they have perfectly those same resources in/near their base/area. Hell they would have Animals and berry bushes right next their TC and yet they’re over hunting my animals trying to run pass my towers and troops dying over and over until they run out of food and just stall out and die. This happens very early on to, Only way to seemly fix this is if you’re playing on islands since they can’t get to your base by walking there.

2nd Bug Also fairly game breaking. Pathing is still really bad, If not Worse on some cases Now as far as units getting stuck between tree/buildings no issues But if you try to move them in a group they will get stuck on each other instead Like even if a 2 units is moving the same direction The front unit will get stuck on the unit behind it and can’t go forward while the unit in the back is stuck on the one in front of it and its just a chain reaction with any other troops near them even enemy troops.

3rd bug. Units will randomly cancel orders given to them. Some units like the scout if i order it to attack a villager will just randomly cancel that order and go idle a few other units do it to.

4th bug Some what similar to the first bug, the stalling out and dying part. This was an issue back in classic to. At some point the AI will just randomly stall out and stop working their villagers. Like they were defeated or something and stop progressing all together even if they have resources in storage or some that can be collected nearby

5th Bug- Most of this bug has been fixed Its the conversion bug, Back in classic if you remember If you have 2 priests converting the same unit. The unit being converted will be unable to move/attack at least for the AI anyway. But it seems to be fixed on all units expect siege units. They will get that stuck animation. Glad most of this was still fixed because how easy it was to convert the AI. I yet to try and covert buildings like towers to see if they still get the stuck animation still can’t confirm yet.

6th bug- Minor bug, Very rarely when you make a farm it will be unworkable by villagers. It just happen to me for the first time about 30 mins ago, i had to delete and rebuild the farm to make it workable again.

7th- Bug for some reason your units even if there are enemy units near them, They won’t go attack them, They will just stand idle there like they’re on stand ground, when they’re not. This seems to only affect other enemy units and not enemy buildings

Quite a few annoying bugs i can live with some of the minor bugs that i said but the major ones really really need to be fixed

Edit- New bug found- Boats for some reason will try and return resources to docks that are on the otherside of land strips, as in two large bodies of water are sperated by a peice of land and if you have a dock on the otherside of the landstrip while boats on the otherside they will try and go to the one that they can’t get to because its closer in tiles than say another dock in their body of water thats maybe a few tiles further away. Oddly this is the other way around with villagers they will take so lumber to a storage thats nearby over the TC thats one tile closer so they walk all the way around to the storage instead of the TC kinda odd This is a minor bug, but i suppose i should point it out.

Another bug i found is the AI again

Here and there the AI will flip out with a villager spamming it between two tasks rapidly causing the villager to be basically stun lock endlessly also minor as it doesn’t always happen

The “villager suicide for food” thing happens here, too. When I get to the AI’s village, it has farms built and everything but no villagers access food from them. Instead, they invade my land to hunt and when they run out of villagers, they stall out until defeat. I only play on “Standard Game” or multiplayer vs AI so this completely breaks the game for me.

i’ve come across one irritating thing: on my game at least, the text for boxes(description texts, the pause menu, etcetera) is transparent. it is extremely hard to read when half of it shows over an unexplored part of the map.

My bug list is pretty short, the game won’t update, and I can’t start a thread on this forum in spite of being registered.

And the pathfinding AI is worse than I recall it from years past. It’s a think I also noticed with AoE2 when on steam. I don’t recall the path-finding being this problematic.

Here is my bug:

Game crashes as soon as i start playing an actual game, doesn’t matter if its a arisen or skirmish. Yeah for owning a game that doesn’t work.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

My bug list is pretty short, the game won’t update, and I can’t start a thread on this forum in spite of being registered.

And the pathfinding AI is worse than I recall it from years past. It’s a think I also noticed with AoE2 when on steam. I don’t recall the path-finding being this problematic.

path finding back then was just as bad, except it was only with stuff like trees and buildings it had issues so it was never really problematic most of the time. Now the problem is with other units villagers going to go hunt and get stuck on each other, Military units getting stuck on each other if moving near by etc.

@Jauffins
The “villager suicide for food” thing happens here, too. When I get to the AI’s village, it has farms built and everything but no villagers access food from them. Instead, they invade my land to hunt and when they run out of villagers, they stall out until defeat. I only play on “Standard Game” or multiplayer vs AI so this completely breaks the game for me

Except its not just food they do this. They literally do it for every resource trees stone gold etc, They will be in my area trying to basically steal from me when they have every bit of that same resource close to their starting area

Hi Folks, I’m not sure this is a but or I’m missing something, I posted the same on the General Discussion so I do apologize if this is not the right place, the issue is:

I do not have any description on the cost of troops or on the cost of upgrades whenever I mouse over any of those things.

So for example, if I mouse over a building after selecting a villager I do not see the cost in terms of resources.
Same if I select the granary and check the upgrades how much food-wood it costs or same for the barracks ,mouse over a warrior, no description or costs for that unit.
It applies to everything, so the only way to see what an upgrade does and how much it costs is on the Tech Tree, which is annoying…

Am I missing something? Is there any way to enable those descriptions?

@Imperium1x Probably Roll-over Help is turned off below Options -> Settings.

Unfortunately it’s not the case, I tried with both Floating and Fixed Roll-over help and none of them are working.
If I mouse over a building or a unit it shows the description, but only in such case, it doesn’t work for the building menus as I explained before…
I even tried to reset, uninstall and reinstall AOE but without success.
I’m not sure if this issue can be reverted or if it’s a bug, which is quite annoying…

@Imperium1x said:
Hi Folks, I’m not sure this is a but or I’m missing something, I posted the same on the General Discussion so I do apologize if this is not the right place, the issue is:

I do not have any description on the cost of troops or on the cost of upgrades whenever I mouse over any of those things.

So for example, if I mouse over a building after selecting a villager I do not see the cost in terms of resources.

Same if I select the granary and check the upgrades how much food-wood it costs or same for the barracks ,mouse over a warrior, no description or costs for that unit.

It applies to everything, so the only way to see what an upgrade does and how much it costs is on the Tech Tree, which is annoying…

Am I missing something? Is there any way to enable those descriptions?

I haven’t encountered this issue so i wouldn’t know what to tell you. But that would be a in game bug but it might be related to your computer as well like something is interfering with the game