Bugs that I have found so far

There are two things that need to change in AOE DE

1. The army, people after death must disappear, as the current look very cluttered.
  2. Resources such as fruit, elephants, deer need to darker color to easily identify.

I think I found another bug. This one is quite serious because it affects Windows 10 explorer performance, which takes a big hit.

The easiest solution I found is playing in Windowed Mode.

The previous blue button with an arrow that sent you to the OS interface disappeared for whatever reason and the only solution I found to go to the OS interface was pressing Control + ESC.

However, if you do that -or at least in my computer-, Windows explorer performance degrades in such a way that you have to restart the computer for explorer to be responsive again.

@CheeseOnToast said:
@WoollyTitan521

Are you using a GPU which supports the DX 11 feature set? Can you post your DxDiag?

@Enzeeki

Are you by any chance using Windows 10 N?

I am and yes the media feature pack has been installed. A restart of the game and the text was back.

As tropas não se agrupam, elas não se aproximam como no AOE clássico… elas ficam muito longe uma das outras, não se juntam ao andar, mesmo tentando colocar elas perto uma da outra manualmente, há um limite de proximidade de uma unidade da outra. fora isso, o jogo está perfeito!

The troops do not group, they do not approach as in the classic AOE … they get too far apart, do not join… or stay together, even trying to put them close to each other manually, there is a limit of proximity of a unit of the another. Please fix this.

@WillSalesBR said:
As tropas não se agrupam, elas não se aproximam como no AOE clássico… elas ficam muito longe uma das outras, não se juntam ao andar, mesmo tentando colocar elas perto uma da outra manualmente, há um limite de proximidade de uma unidade da outra. fora isso, o jogo está perfeito!

The troops do not group, they do not approach as in the classic AOE … they get too far apart, do not join… or stay together, even trying to put them close to each other manually, there is a limit of proximity of a unit of the another. Please fix this.

You mean AoK. Because formations wasn’t a feature.

@Augustusman said:

@WillSalesBR said:

No, it is not it… i mean, when you put more units next, they stay so far, doesn’t stick together… they do not auto organize when they march… play the AOE classic and you will see what I’m saying about. In classic the troops auto organize itself

@WillSalesBR said:

@Augustusman said:

@WillSalesBR said:

No, it is not it… i mean, when you put more units next, they stay so far, doesn’t stick together… they do not auto organize when they march… play the AOE classic and you will see what I’m saying about. In classic the troops auto organize itself

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have played the original AoE a lot and I can tell you that the units do not organize automatically.

@WillSalesBR said:

@Augustusman said:

@WillSalesBR said:

Show me a screenshot… we don’t know what are you meaning.

@Danzemon said:
Does anyone else game suddenly freeze unless you alt-tab out and back in after entering a cheat code the first time, then went to start typing a 2nd cheat code in the game suddenly lags and only way to fix the lag is if you alt tab out then back in and hit F3 to resume then hit enter on the chat bar with nothing in it.

Happens to me a lot unfortunately but it is one i can live with.

i have same problem. is this can be related with windows version we’re on? I use Win 10 Pro (17127) ??

@SKWellZz said:

@Danzemon said:
Does anyone else game suddenly freeze unless you alt-tab out and back in after entering a cheat code the first time, then went to start typing a 2nd cheat code in the game suddenly lags and only way to fix the lag is if you alt tab out then back in and hit F3 to resume then hit enter on the chat bar with nothing in it.

i have same problem. is this can be related with windows version we’re on? I use Win 10 Pro (17127) ??

I think so yeah. I am on 10 Pro 17627 in the Skip Ahead lane of the insider program!

@Danzemon said:

@SKWellZz said:

@Danzemon said:

I think so yeah. I am on 10 Pro 17627 in the Skip Ahead lane of the insider program!

it’s same for me too… this can be reason of our problem…

population limit locked at 50 for scenarios when the instructions say its 250

Another bug: Playing a Single Player Custom Game today, for the first time, I’ve noticed that I can’t build a house–or any other building–in a place that seems like a perfectly good spot. Is anyone else having this problem?

Major Bug; Game crashes to desktop when generating new map (6 player map on coastal) 4 out of 7 times on scenario editor.

@Rockhounder1 said:
Major Bug; Game crashes to desktop when generating new map (6 player map on coastal) 4 out of 7 times on scenario editor.

Beta build 5429

I cant post yet, so Ill comment it here:

Another game breaking bug, if you start a nomad game with low resources and on moderate difficulty, they resign after ten minutes or so. I have started about 4 games in this manner (My favorite way to play is 25 pop, low resources, giant map, nomad) and after a good ten minutes the game ends and I am left frustrated with it. I just want to play a game through like this.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:
My only real gripe now is that I can’t join half the games listed, even though they’re in my region and have open slots. That’s even after a refresh of the lobby.

Sounds like a port forwarding issue on your end, though I don’t know which ports are needed open for AoE1:DE.

On top of that, I only see something like a dozen games listed. At most I’ve seen maybe between 19 and 24 on the weekends, but there should be thousands.

What do you mean there should be thousands? That’s not a bug lol, just not so many people play this game.

@“Fantome of Blue” Found on https://www.ageofempires.com/support/#report

Network Usage
Make sure your internet is prepared for a multiplayer experience. Your PC will be communicating with several others throughout the world so ensure that you have your networking arranged to maximize your access to the internet.
Keep other devices accessing the same network port to a minimum
Close other programs accessing the internet (Example: Web browsers, other game clients, etc.)
To get the best experience with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, make sure to open or forward these ports on your firewall or network hardware:
Port 3478 (UDP & TCP)
Port 5222 (UDP & TCP)
These steps will help you minimize your network lag and help your multiplayer experience. There is also the option of “Host as Dedicated Server” in the in-game multiplayer options that will help minimize issues if you encounter them.

And you can check your network connectivity with the XBox app:

I have no sound when i switch users on windows. Have to restart completely to get sound back in the game.

2nd Bug Also fairly game breaking. Pathing is still really bad, If not Worse on some cases Now as far as units getting stuck between tree/buildings no issues But if you try to move them in a group they will get stuck on each other instead Like even if a 2 units is moving the same direction The front unit will get stuck on the unit behind it and can’t go forward while the unit in the back is stuck on the one in front of it and its just a chain reaction with any other troops near them even enemy troops.

Same, a villager will get stuck and just sit there
I move my villager’s out just to get that one, and they all scatter all over the place
then I click on a action, and it goes all over the place just to do its action instead of going direct to the action :s

7th- Bug for some reason your units even if there are enemy units near them, They won’t go attack them, They will just stand idle there like they’re on stand ground, when they’re not. This seems to only affect other enemy units and not enemy buildings

I see this in Enemy Tranport, it will come to shore and just sit there
and do nothing