Build farms in hills

Will it be possible to build farms in the hills as in Age of Empires II? What do you think?

Depends if they are going to be considered solid buildings or walkable terrain.

@Stryder said:

What do you think? Would you like to keep it as in the old or as in the age of empires II?

@“Tha Somin” said:
Will it be possible to build farms in the hills as in Age of Empires II? What do you think?

Generally I agree with all these questions about farms. Possibility of building on a hill… possibility of walking through… and auto-re-seeding farms like in AoE II too.

I hope this will be changed. It made placing farms more of a hassle than it already was, especially since sometimes the hills were hard to see.

@“Tha Somin” said:

@Stryder said:

What do you think? Would you like to keep it as in the old or as in the age of empires II?

I’m definitely supporting the idea of AoK-like farms, less of a nightmare to build and navigate.

I actually like the fact that you can’t farm anywhere you’d like. It’s realistic that some places are not suitable for farming and it increases the value of map control, as you need to control some flat areas if you want to farm.

@qweytr24 said:
I actually like the fact that you can’t farm anywhere you’d like. It’s realistic that some places are not suitable for farming and it increases the value of map control, as you need to control some flat areas if you want to farm.

Very interesting, it would force you to play differently and it is interesting

@qweytr24 said:

While i can agree it can also create unfair advantage. If you have more flat space than your opponement then you have more food income.

Now it also depend on the game mode, i don’t have much problem about that in RM.

True, on a mountain map it would be almost impossible to build farms, it would be a very hard game, fighting for hunting, fishing and berry picking

I’m basically a flat land farmer myself. Farming on a hill makes sense only for non grain foods like grapes etc. You need to be able to irrigate each seed you planted. :#