"Build House" hotkey sometimes does not register for Ethiopia

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v.100.12.43871.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
When playing as Ethiopia using the Legacy hotkey setting, the hotkey for “build house” (by default set to E and how I have left it) will occasionally fail to register for no apparent reason. Trying hotkeys for other buildings with the same Villager still selected works as expected, but pressing E to build a Hut results in nothing happening, even if enough Wood is available and the build limit for Huts has not been reached. Changing the hotkey to another key while keeping the Villager selected solves the problem, but changing it back to E with the same Villager still selected brings the problem back. Unselecting and reselecting the Villager or selecting a different Villager usually solves the problem. The issue does not appear to be limited to one map or subset of maps. The issue occurs in nearly every game I play with Ethiopia. Although it does not occur often throughout a match, it occurs frequently enough to be annoying. I have not noticed the issue occurring with other civilisations.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a match as Ethiopa on any map, online or skirmish. I play Supremacy.
  2. Play the match for about 10-20 minutes, building Huts using only the default Legacy hotkey, E.
  3. In time, the issue should appear. The exact trigger is not known, so more detailed reproduction steps are hard to supply.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

On pressing E using the settings mentioned above, a Hut should always be selected from the construction menu.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
Ethiopia_Hut_Bug.age3Ysav (2.9 MB)

1 Like

Hi @MoreSquirrel126!

Thank you for your report. We are now tracking this issue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thank you! And thank you for the feedback too.

1 Like