Buildings disappear and reappear

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #: 101.101.43210.0 5867313
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Sometimes graphics “crash”. Buildings disappear and reappear after moving screen. See image(you can see there is a building next to stable)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start game
  2. Watch buildings “disappear” and reappear

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Buildings would not disappear

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

3 Likes

-This is usually due to a mod you have. Can we see your mod list?

thats strange for you to get it in a 1vs1 and so early in the game. usually we have this problem but with over 1k units in game and late game (to do with lots of units in late game).

Interactive build order guide, small trees and then a bunch of mods(graphics) that you got for finishing missions(official mods). Never had this problem before the latest patch.

1 Like

Never had this problem before the latest patch. My computer is beastly, should not be a hardware problem.

1 Like

its not hardware problem for sure. games got some issue not displaying it properly

-Try setting everything to “disable” and see if the proble mgoes away.

1 Like

This visual bug was re introduced with the anniversary patch, it is no longer due the lack of virtual memory or pagefile size…

1 Like

this wall has invisible pieces depending on how i pan the screen

im getting the same issue. no changes to drivers, nothing new done to system etc. just the patch seems to have messed it up. game stuttering occasionally (increased with patch) now im also getting the vanishing buildings.

For me, it just occurs with farms. It’s probably just mods as the I saw a ridiculous amount of them in your screenshot.

It happened to me too yesterday.

lul1

lul4

Here are my mods, any one or several of these in your mod lists as well?

-Generally the mod authors need to update their mods after a patch.

-I recommend disabling all your mods to see if you still have an issue.

-Also if you are using UHD graphics, I recommend re-installing that if you have weird “wall stretchy issues”, though doesn’t look like you guys have that.

That’s a lot of mods. I only use the essentials and I never encounter any problems,
My mods: Small trees, Age 3: DE TC Great Bombard mod, Zetnus improved grid mod, useless plant remover mod and a mod to make hand cannoneers look like Musketeers.

1 Like

I’ve disabled all mods and it hasn’t happened since (about 5 games). The game is completely unplayable without the small trees mod though.

-Enable ONE at a time and that should help you narrow it down. :slight_smile:

1 Like