- GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018 (this is very likely legacy behavior)
- GAME PLATFORM: Steam (not related to bug)
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 (not related to bug)
Building-type units, unless they have the Tower-class (52), are not able to automatically fire at targets if they are given multiple primary projectiles (no secondary projectiles). But they can still be manually tasked to attack. All building classes except class 52, including the wall class, are affected.
Tower-class buildings work fine, so if you give Castles class 52, they work as intended after giving them only primary projectiles.
Units such as the Chu Ko Nu work completely fine without any changes to their class.
- 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
- Remove the secondary projectile unit from a class-3-building, such as the Castle, and a class-52-building, such as any tower, leaving them with only primary projectiles
- Place them in the scenario editor with targets to attack
Both should automatically find targets, but the class-3-building doesn’t, and is only able to be manually tasked to attack.
rec.aoe2record (1.0 MB)
Modding, as it doesn’t affect anything in the base game
(though limiting some units to primary projectiles should be considered in the future, as doing so would prevent some unwanted behavior of secondary projectiles with an accuracy of lower than 100%; example: Organ Guns)