Call me crazy: Give Byzantines stone walls in the dark age!

we all forget stuff from time to time. i forgot squires exists and that lithuanians don’t get arbs earlier.

1 Like

Errare humanum est.

IB4 “this is an english forum!!!”

crazy

(post must be at least 20 characters)

3 Likes

How would this help boost Byzantine winrate?

I like the idea, even if is not useful. It will fill good Byzantine general look. But i think better, more useful idea, will be give them old Korean bonus, faster fortification construction. It was broken, because of Korean faster stone mining and towers with grater range, Byz towers are not as strong early. If it will be broken, just limit bonus to the walls.

Byzantines feel dull because the overall cost of the civ is too damned high (I’m doing full civs cost analysis right now, will post full results when done).

Yeah that dirt cheap army and cheap tech up to imperial age is too dang high.

1 Like

It’s not the army. I’m talking overall civ cost (buildings, techs, upgrades, bonuses). You can debate armies and their cost & counters. That’s not what I’m doing. Still, Elite Cata + Logistica is mad costly. I’m not pulling this out of thin air. It’s black and white. Will post when rdy.

They spend just as much on buildings as everyone else. Same with upgrades. The only place where they spend more on is their elite unique unit and logistica. And frankly like I said. They save a TON OF RESOURCES on their army cost as is compared to other civs due to the bulk of their army being cheap trash.

I would be fine with reducing elite cataphract upgrade by 400 food. But after that? You’re already talking about a perfectly balanced civ as is.

IDK… They save 8F 6W on Halb, 6F 8W on Skirm. This savings will pay back to have enuogh Food for Elite Cata Upgrade (1600F) after recruit more than 200 Halbs, or 267 Skirms. If we add the cost of Logistica, we need make more than 325 Halbs or 434 Skirms to pay back.

2 Likes

And yet when their army is composed of cheap skirms and pikes as opposed to more expensive…everything else…they are going to save money.