Campaign Icons

Hi all ,
Is it possible to include new campaign icons for example inside the following location
resources_common\wpfg\resources\campaign\campaign_selection\campaign_icons ?

And then successfully use it for Custom campaigns ?

Thanks a lot in advance

You should use this turtorial, all you want are in it.Steam Community :: Guide :: JSON Kungfu Made in CHINA(Unique tutorial for slide and layout)

Thanks a lot - is there any English version ?

I will release the translation version before July because I am so busy with my study and work,if you not mind,you can use google translation to try to read it,so sorry but thanks for waiting me.

1 Like

No problem ,thanks a lot - will do :slight_smile:

Hi again :slight_smile: ,
So i translated and followed the Section on II-02 Custom Materials (UserMaterials) .
Here were my steps.

1.>Placed the 3 files 27_custom_hover.png, 27_custom_normal.png and 27_custom_pressed.png inside the following location resources_common\campaign

2.>Changed the layout file as attached .

However the game shows a black screen on selecting the campaign.
Am i making any mistake ?.

Note - The layout file is attached for review.Rana Sanga_layout.txt (21.9 KB)

Also if you can share any custom layout.json file or refer any Mods that has this feature enabled - that will also help me :slight_smile:

Please no rush and no worries - take your time :slight_smile:

You can look at the campaign mod Belisarius how to make and I will send you what is the problem about your layout later.

Your document is wrong,it must be .json not .txt,and make sure these custom material are in the right place,thank you for your feedback.

I actually have json only - i changed it to “.txt” just for your review since the Forum does not allow me to upload json files .
But thank you so much - will try to search for Belsarius and check :slight_smile:
Will let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

@cly0806 - i checked Belisarius (Both the Chinese and English versions).
It uses “BackgroundMaterial”: “CampaignBackground10Alaric” and CampaignIcon12BariNormal ,CampaignIcon12BariHover and CampaignIcon12BariPressed.
Also it does not have any UserMaterials like you mentioned in Section on II-02 Custom Materials (UserMaterials) - Any other mods that uses UserMaterials in the layout json files ? Then i can take a look as an example.

Oh,so sorry ,you can look at the yongle mod,thank you.

@cly0806 - thank you so much - yes the Yongle has it - i can continue working now - thanks again :slight_smile: - will keep you posted.

I’m so, so sorry bumping up this thread but I would really like your help, @cly0806

What happen?What help?

I wanted some json help and it seems you are one of the most knowledgeable on this, but I managed to find out my issue. However, now that we are at it , is it possible to add videos before and after an scenario using Json?

Any other things you can check my article on Steam named JSON Kungfu.
But the videoes before or behind the slide show use the Cinematics option of the scenario editor and you must let the .wmv videoes on the right places,it does not use the json to operate its action.

1 Like

I have that article stickied in my browser, ha!

This doesn’t work for me.

Because how to bring the wmv files on the right location is a secret, only few pepole know how to make it.

1 Like