Campaign Idea-Mehmet II

I think he is very important for late medieval age.and he shows europe to strong walls can be destroy.And it cause to fall of feudalism…
Chapter-1:Conquer of the Constantinople(1453)
Chapter-2:Serbia Campaign(1454-1459)
Chapter-3:Siege of Trebziond(1461)
Chapter-4:Battle aganist Vlad III"Dracula"(1462)
Chapter-5:Battle of Otlukbeli(1473)(aganist akkoyunlu)
Chapter-6:Otranto Invasion(1480)an coastal city in italy.

• I want this campaign
  • No,i don’t want it
0 voters

edit:i think this idea is better

thx @PryingIvy454910

He lost half of the chapters you wrote. Plus, he lost against Albanian Skanderbeg too.

Mehmet II wasnt a good military commander. He was a good administrator.
I would make a campaign of Timur/Tamerlane.
He fought against many different and powerful enemies and he didnt lose any battle.
Or maybe Attila the Hun.
Maybe a complete Seljuk campaign starting with rioting to Oghuz Yabgu, defeating Ghaznavids in Dandanaqan, defeating Byzantines at Manzikert, then defeating them again in Miriakefolon, defeating crusaders in second crusade.

I think this is a great idea and its absence is a weird ommision as the fall of Constantinople was a world changing event not to mention very dramatic with tons of intrigue, backstabbing, politics and strategic creativity. The only thing i disagree is starting with the Siege of Constantinople in the campaign. I think the campaign should end with this and the whole thing should be a big build up to this epic battle. Mehmet’s rise to power up to this point is actually quite interesting from a story perspective as well and that could be the focus of the campaign story. It could start with his father’s failed siege of constantinople, Mehmet’s first short lived occupation of the throne, his exile, his comeback, the build up to the siege and the final chapter the siege itself. They could even recreate the part where he crosses the forest behind Gallata with his Navy that could be very intereting if it can be implemented somehow. Another thing that would be awesome to see would be a unique bombard called Basilica which does extra damage, fires slowly and can only be repaired by another unique unit named Orban. Keep Orban and basillica protected from the defenders and you have an easier time breaching the walls. The constantinople mission could also have a sequence that encourages the use of petards which would be cool to see as well considering how little utility they get as a unit.

As the other person pointed out, most of what came after the fall of Constantinople was anticlimatic in comparison and probably wouldn’t be great fun to play and would just feel like such a let down after the epic battle for constantinople.

2 Likes

These campaigns fit better to a Horror movie, films.

Dracula was "“the magnificent”. All movies, films for Dracula are propaganda of his enemies- the Ottomans.

Are you okay?
He defeated serbs.So he won chapter 2
He conquered trebziond.He won chapter 3
He defeated vlad iii too
Also he won battle of otlukbeli
And he conquered otranto in 1480.in 1481 he died.After his death,italians recapture the otranto

True but a Mehmet campaign would just be awesome with the siege of Constantinople as its climax.

1 Like

yes.this guy is right:

this campaign would better

In fact we say Serbs because it is his Serbia campaign but it was actually Hungarians he was fighting against. Serbia was a vassal of Hungarians,
anyway just wanted to clear that out.

Mehmet wasnt victorious in his Serbia campaign. He wanted to conquer Belgrade, he got wounded and the siege was cancelled. It was conquered in the period of his grandson Suleiman I.

Mehmet wasnt victorious against Vlad neither. I mean he politically was but not militarily. Vlad killed his ambassadors so he marched on him. On the way first Ottomans suffered a night attack and many casualties then as they marched to Targovishte Ottoman army witnessed the terrible sight of their impaled men. He considered turning back.
Then Vlad was betrayed by his boyars and his ally Stephan of Moldovia who promised to help him, seized the opportunity and attacked him instead. Vlad escaped to Hungary and died there.
So there is no military victory here to make a campaign about.

For the Otronto, you said it yourself. It wasnt his fault bu regardless, Otronto couldnt be defended and it fell back to Italians. So why would such an indecisive event be ‘‘so great’’ to be put into the game ?

Conquest of Trebizond.
There wasnt even a conflict. He surrounded the city and David surrendered.

apart from these, he suffered terrible defeats against Albania and Moldovia. Go read battle of Vaslui. It was a disgusting defeat.

Overall Mehmet 2 had two very important military victories conquest of Constantinople and battle of Otlukbeli against aqqoyunlu. I think if they are going to do something they should add ‘‘conquest of constantinople’’ as one single battle instead of a ‘‘Mehmet II campaign’’

The only thing i disagree is starting with the Siege of Constantinople in the campaign. I think the campaign should end with this and the whole thing should be a big build up to this epic battle. Mehmet’s rise to power up to this point is actually quite interesting from a story perspective as well and that could be the focus of the campaign story. It could start with his father’s failed siege of constantinople, Mehmet’s first short lived occupation of the throne, his exile, his comeback, the build up to the siege and the final chapter the siege itself.

That would be boring. Mehmet 2 didnt fight anything before ascending to throne or conquering Constantinople. He didnt face any challanges, even if he did, they werent sth that can be implemented into the game.
If this is going to happen there should be one battle ‘‘conquest of constantinople’’ and it should be a singular battle.

Yes that may be a better idea actually…