Can Two people still play as the same player?

Who wants to make sure that people can still play under the same colour (i.e. two people in multiplayer control the same units if they both pick team red)

I know I do!

Make it happen.

Would be nice and fun, but while surely doable - sounds a bit complicated from a technical side, so I don’t think it should be a focus currently.

The coop option is part of the original aoe. 2 or more players can select the same player color and share the same game point of view to play together or to watch a player playing. Usually it was used to watch someone in 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 matches.

Hopefully they add a spectator mode in DE.

@FlatSky72519129 said:
Would be nice and fun, but while surely doable - sounds a bit complicated from a technical side, so I don’t think it should be a focus currently.

Well, the feature already exists in the original game. Seems more complicated to remove it than to just keep it as it is.

@KGB_Crazy said:
The coop option is part of the original aoe. 2 or more players can select the same player color and share the same game point of view to play together or to watch a player playing. Usually it was used to watch someone in 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 matches.

Hopefully they add a spectator mode in DE.

I don’t remember that, but I didn’t play AoE 1 in multiplayer too much.