Can we have a unlimited wood source for Aztecs for treaty games

ERKs do 42 range damage with HC and plaza. Dutch Skirms do 31.5x2=63 with HC.
Both units have the same range resist (30%) BUT ERKs have double ROF, meaning that they do more damage in the same time.

Coyotes have 57 attack while cossacks have 59.
You dont need otontin cause you will do the same damage to HI with ERKs while you have a better bonus vs cav.

1 Like

With Aztec… even when I win (it happens when I get a noob as opponent) I dont have a good eco… and as U said… players barely take Aztecs on treaty… in my opinion, they must make something for all native civs to get infinite wood source…

1 Like

An army with every unit costing 1pop and 5 mortars is a hard to counter combo. All you have to do is protect mortars with ERKs and killing culvs.

I believe thats a good suggestion… they can make advance market card having better exchange rate… so the natives can have a good source of wood

2 Likes

They cost 1 pop… but they are very slow training(Noble Huts) … slow training makes it hard to mass army in a close battle… base building limitation makes it more difficult in my opinion

1 Like

You have to play changing plaza constantly and you have to train units from both Huts, coyotes, ERKs and maybe JPK. Also jaguars from WC help a lot. WC next to battle is a must to boost your eco with gold crates. Zapotecs or mayans can help you now thanks to militar HC point

1 Like

An option could be that vills get wood while working on farms as ethiopians do.
Also I would rework chinampa HC card, in my opinion is a weak card for an age 3 card

2 Likes

42 demage ??? Yes u have to out 15 vill on firepit then ,
But how often u get to out firepit on attack dance ??? If u r making erk , u will never get that chance , they train uktraslow .

And factors out high cost of erk + limited building from which they can be trained+ bad eco of Aztec .

Same goes with coyote .

U can only win vs noob spamming erk as Aztec .

If only , things would work in practical same as they work on paper .

Play Aztec in treaty , then comment .

Have u heard about something call culv ?? . Yes u don’t use that , but all good treaty players use that.

Lmao , u can play ur op Aztec vs me , I will play anyciv , u like me to play (or xcept otto) I can beat any Aztec with any civ . They are the worst civ in treaty .

I can imagine u fighting , if u thing mayan and zopetc natives are even worth considering to have in deck .

That would also be great… Aztecs may not need many wood for soldiers… but as U know if U r playing on a water map… or recruiting native army… U run out of wood and buying wood will only made Urs eco drain in light speed…

3 Likes

Zapotecs or mayans are not worth having as they are not that strong unit according to the gold they cost… in my opinion

3 Likes

Aztecs are my main civ in treaty, I use max plaza since treaty ending, 40f, 42g are enough to fight. I use fertility dance when I train units, then war song, changing plaza is a must. Also you have to move Huts, 13NH + 13 Huts are enough.

I challenge you to attack my mortars with culvs, you wont go that near to attack them, also you are spending pop in culvs instead Hcanons. Culvs vs aztecs are unnecesary (why vs a civ without canons)
If you get drained then you arent playing correctly.

1 Like

I agree, infinite 1000c back to back is like 3 factories, 25 coin per second. Anyone who says azzys coin eco is bad just macros like a noob. their farms are so incredibly fast gathering I’d even say 30 on food is Usually enough, depending on how many coyote you need.

If you have 60 vills on food 40 on coin and shipping 20 slingers, which seems to be the noob meta, then yeah aztec is gonna look bottom tier, but in the hands of a good player that keeps units cued/ uses janeys/ exploits infinite coin shipments/ uses big buttons offensively, aztec is an absolute monster

5 Likes

Aztec doesn’t look bottom tier , Aztec is worst tr civ . Good player can make any civ monster . But a good Aztec will lose to a good anyother civ(except otto) 9/10.

Infinite 1000 coin is better but not super good , when u see most other civ other than having factories already have an infinite card that give them 1000 resource equivalent . ( Telling about military shipment) . Also those military shipment come faster than Aztec train erk , 21 .

You don’t even need infinite wood for Aztecs now. All of your units cost food/coin.

3 Likes

So u r gathering with just 85 vill so ur eco already suck in compare to other civ . , and u r trading expensie u it’s to skirmishers.

Vs any good player , u will lose . Unless u r floko or something.

Yes , even their natives , natives , war hut , noble hut cost coin ???
U saying Aztec should not play natives or what ?

… aztec farms gather at nearly 2 food per second, you have 2.5 factories worth of infinte coin and the single most cost and population effective unit in the game. the plaza is worth more than 15 vills of eco, its 37% attack post upgrades which is closer to 70% from base stats. its not easy to throw a number onto, but the reason you’re draining and your eco sucks, and your units are just dying isn’t the civs fault

1 Like

Everyone play that way , but u can’t win vs a good civ .

Specially with 84 vill eco .