Cannot close the profile window after unsubscribing from an event mod

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210.0 5867313
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

After unsubscribing from an event mod in the profile window, the profile window cannot be closed. The only way to leave is to force quit the game.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Be signed in to xbox live
  2. Click the profile picture or player name to open the profile window
  3. Select “Event Mods” from the left menu
  4. Select any subscribed event mod
  5. Click “Unsubsribe”
  6. Click “Yes” in the confirm dialog
  7. Attempt to close the profile window via the X at the top right.

At this point the confirm dialog will show up again. Clicking yes or no or the X button on the confirm dialog will cause the profile window to appear again. Attempting to close the profile window again will cause this to repeat. Clicking on other options in the menu then trying to close the window will cause this to still show up.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

The forum will not let me upload an .mp4 file, but you can find the screen recording here:

2 Likes

I also have this issue. Any insight out there?

What I have noticed is if you unsubscribe from a mod, then get to the point where it’s asking you the second time, then you force kill the game via task manager, it will actually unsubscribe from that mod. Unfortunately this only works for one mod at a time, so it’s a bit time consuming if you are trying to unsubscribe from everything.

Yes i had the same issue this week when i was cleaning up my mods.

Eventualy had to alt F4

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually just tried this and it’s not working for me unfortunately. Looks like I’m playing with bells for gold forever. Hoping for a fix.

Quick update for anyone having this issue. I decided to go directly into the game files to disable these mods. Holiday mods are fun for only so long.

Go here:
C:\Users[your username]\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE[a huge number representing your profile]\mods

Open the mod-status.json file with a text editor, used notepad ++ here. Set the value “true” to “false” for every mod you want off.