• Build Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2

Issue:

After starting the app it shows the logo and crashes to desktop

Reproduction Steps:

1. start the game from the windows store or the taskbar/list
  2. crash

Windows log:

A DCOM-Server could not be started:
Ein DCOM-Server konnte nicht gestartet werden: Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App als Nicht verfügbar/Nicht verfügbar. Fehler:
“0”
Aufgetreten beim Start dieses Befehls: / An error occured when executing this command
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe” -ServerName:App.AppXk5nq8fm9836s7v2wt0ddnryrptdfb1e5.mca

My problem is resolved. Many thanks to @PCS70 and @anon63664082 for helping me out.
I recently swapped my mainboard and windows thought that the game was installed on another pc. Since it found the files it tried to start it but could not find it since the start pointer pointed to “another” pc. reinstalling the game resolved the problem

Problems when starting the game

the game shows an image of afe of empires and then the black screen and it closes
help me!

or about which game are we talking about

1 Like

did you recently install it

yes, to last night, bro

He only does that, then he leaves.

hmm I have this problem too

Error: Ein DCOM-Server konnte nicht gestartet werden: Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe!App als Nicht verfügbar/Nicht verfügbar. Fehler:
“0”
Aufgetreten beim Start dieses Befehls:
“C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AoEDE.exe” -ServerName:App.AppXk5nq8fm9836s7v2wt0ddnryrptdfb1e5.mca

I bought it at night, I could not enter to play for the first time

I bought it at night, I could not enter to play for the first time…
After that black screen, close the game

try those troubleshoot options

1 Like

Yes, Enable the Administrator account and launch the game from there using command prompt text “net user administrator /active:yes” without quotations.

2 Likes

That worked for me, but I cannot launch it from my normal user account, only from the admin one.
I still get the same error

It’s actually not recommended to keep that account enabled. So while you are there also check if your MS connected user account is configured as administrator or add a new separate local administrator account and name it anyway you like (not admin and so on).

It’s always better to create a dedicated local administrator accounts. The problem is. After creating that new local user account through user accounts in settings a lot of people forget to change the user account type to administrator (normal user by default). That’s a very important step otherwise installation could still fail below the new local account. Maybe it should ask for confirmation before creation.

The error is btw different from the access denied error (5).

‘Nicht verfügbar’ means not available. This is probably a licensing error. Are you signed in to the MS store with the account you did buy this game with?

Yes I am, and it works on my admin account. :confused:

But not below local normal user account or MS connected (add by e-mail address) roaming user account?

They are two quite different type of user accounts.

I can start other games too

No problems here?
https://support.xbox.com/de-DE/xbox-live-status

Of course, it works below your admin account. :crazy_face:

I think some background process is still hanging there. Sometimes when I switch accounts I have issues with the sound in AOE 1, the games starts but the intro music is not there.

I’ll try to reset the windows store tomorrow maybe that is bugged again