Cannot start the game crashes to desktop

I tried resetting the windows store, didnt work, both my user accounts have admin rights :confused:

I will test the latest build below a normal user account too and report back.

Do you run the pro version of Windows 10?

1 Like

I have the home version of windows 10

Okay, I have pro which makes user management a tidy bit different.

What I just did was remove my separate MS connected account from the local administrators group using user management console (Yeah, I know it’s a sin to run your user account as administrator, but that’s why elevated permissions are required and requested before system changes these days, you only don’t have to approve them using an admin account).

Then I signed on (without signing off my local admin account, switch account) to my (secondary) MS connected account. I waited a little for profile load, opened the start menu to see that some updates were being performed on AOE DE, waited for them to finish and clicked the tile.

It works fine. :smiley:

So this might more be related to the used edition of Windows.

1 Like

My problem is resolved. Many thanks to @PCS70 and @anon63664082 for helping me out.
I recently swapped my mainboard and windows thought that the game was installed on another pc. Since it found the files it tried to start it but could not find it since the start pointer pointed to “another” pc. reinstalling the game resolved the problem

2 Likes

same problem here, game crash and Display driver failed to start; using Microsoft Basic Display Driver instead

what i can make to fix? when i go to game location and start game in administrator mode dont want to start.

I notice one time i turn on game in window mode and all ok, but when i put full screen just crashing.