Cannot unsubscribe from mod

Yes let it download the ~400mbs then unsubscribe in the mod manager if you want. Large sized mods will give you this trouble so in future be cautious to check the download size before subscribing.

You can check from task manager network resource monitor, how much network does DE use and predict based on this how long does download last.

@DodoNotDoDo It should be possible to unsubscribe from mods, which are currently downloading.

Hey Juggernaut, thank you, that worked. I can unsubscribe if I want to now. And my game exited right away as well. I had no idea I had to wait until it ALL downloaded before unsubscribing to it, I thought I could simply unsubscribe immediately.

In the future, you could potentially close the game, go to the web site and unsubscribe from there. I would expect when you start the game again it would not try to continue the download.

You could also file this as a bug for the game to allow canceling download.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 41855.0 (?)
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Every two days my town center is becoming a beach with a large cannon and a Khan sculpture on top of it, and terrain becomes bugged going from Winter Celebration to Summer Festival with the pink berries and all that stuff. Last game my fog of war was bugged as I could still see destroyed building as if they were pristine new inside of it.

I earned them, yeah itā€™s cool. But I deactivate them, they still show up. Uninstall them, they still show up (both in mod manager and profile). Delete the whole mod folder and mod manifest, they still show up.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

Every two days, something like that.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Hereā€™s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Delete all event mods by either unsuscribing, deleting them in profile or deleting the files on your pc.
  2. Play one or two game. Nice, everything is fine.
  3. Go to sleep/do something else.
    4 Surprise ! Mods have reappeared with no reason and activated themselves so your game is bloated with event mods overlapping.
3 Likes

It seems this bug is caused when you disconnect internet, then reconnect to multiplayer services. Suddenly it subscribes you to every single mod that was released since the game came outā€¦

So damn annoying

here i wrote more in this thread:

and the fog of war thing I believe a new bug in the latest patch, someone should make a separate post for it

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
Probably the solution then. For instance, exactly yesterday I forgot to change my connection when the game was already open, so I disconnected and reconnected and BAM the bug was here.

You reported this three months ago. Thatā€™s nice.
Guess we wonā€™t see any fix soon. This is really annoying.

2 Likes

Yeah they donā€™t like to prioritize these non critical bugs. who knows maybe the big update this coming week will fix it?

2 Likes

Yes, I have the same issue with the last event but Iā€™m with the mircrosoft store version. I unsubscribe of a mod and when I close it it appears the same message of confirmation. No matter what option I select it will continue appearing and wonā€™t let me select anyhting else on the game, it makes me have to close it.

How can I fix this problem?

Please devs! help us

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem Iā€™m experiencingā€¦

Official Mods from all past events getting automatically re-downloaded and activated by itself making the game look random.

(this isnā€™t a bug introduced in recent updates, its been since a long time.)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    FREQUENTLY

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issueā€¦ Be descriptive!

Hereā€™s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Unsubscribe to all official mods .
  2. Try restarting the game, the game will automatically disconnect and reconnect to Xbox by chance randomly.
  3. You get automatically subscribed to all official mods and they are all activated.
  4. Only way to avoid this problem is to keep those mods subscribed but disabled.
6 Likes

honestly the mod server is giving us modders a lot of issues. after the nov patch the mod server is much slower. previously my mod was 381MB in size and it only took me 1 min to download my own mod, now that I resize it smaller to 231MB and it takes me over 2.5 mins to download.

Same here.
Unsubscribe the mods, restart the game then the mods get all restored and activated.
UNSUBSCRIBE does not work. DISABLE is the only way to disable those mods.

3 Likes

Same here. All official mods keep autoinstalling even if I delete them. I have the latest version of the game.

1 Like

same here, even though I uninstall the game and it reappeared again. very annoying

Same problem here, if there is no solution soon for this problem I will uninstall this game.

We need a way to permenantly delete mods from existence. Most of them I will never use anyway and I have copies of the ones I like. Itā€™s so cluttered from all the events I have to stick to using only local mods and disabling all subscribed mods.

maybe someone can try put subscribed folder to read only rofl but then each time they wish to update or subscribe to new mod would have to change it again.

The events were fun at start, but this went from anoying to game breaking. Iā€™m not doing event challanges anymore and Iā€™d like to permanently delete any mods I got from passed challenges from my account. It think this will anoy many players instead of keeping them interested. It seems like itā€™d be important to fix.

Does anyone know if this still happens?