Can't believe that Lancer need 66 second to train now

Is this a bug? On the one hand, lancer only worth 200 resources in total and just good at fighting with infantry. On the other hand, the Cuirassier and Mahout Lancer (elephant) are much more expensive and stronger, but they just need 60 second to train :roll_eyes:

All in all, i don’t why Lancer was crippled, but this is undoubtedly a bad idea. The lancer should like Hussar, finish his training in 40 second.

5 Likes

Partly agree.
The hussar costs 120f 80g, 40s training time. The Chinaco costs 110f 90g, 43s training time. The lancer costs 110f 90g, 66s training time. Since the lancer is more like Chinaco, 43s or 45s traing time will be resonable.

3 Likes

60 s of training Time Is rlly good, 40 s Is rlly OP, 66 s Is irrational ngl

however, the lancer was 40s before last December, and the Spain has never been OP by this

4 Likes

but the Chinaco can fight with almost every target, that’s why the have to spend more time to train

1 Like

It think is OK for Spain, since they can boost the attack of already good horses overall.

Was just looking at the stats of the chinaco and lancer as they have the same cost, bit weird that the lancer has double the multiplier vs infantry than that of the chinaco.

I don’t think the lancer’s better infantry multiplier is too weird since chinacos have a multiplier against hand cav making them at the very least trade evenly vs other hand cav while a lancer dies to other hand cav easier due to their low base damage and no cav multiplier. I think lancers are able to be more specialized since they are semi-counted by hand cav.

4 Likes

True, chinacos are way better vs cav as they have melee resist too and lancers range resist.

I don’t really play mexico but always thought of chinacos as weaker lancers so I was surprised to see they had the same cost.

however, this makes the FF of spain become too weak. Spain either cannot produce age 3 cavalry smoothly, or it has to upgrade the Hussars

3 Likes

the chinaco is like the Hussar or the naginata rider, not lancer.

2 Likes

There are ways to subtly adjust legacy civs for balance purposes, but radically increasing training time is not it.

2 Likes

I don’t remember how long the training time of lancers used to be, but if it has changed recently to 66sec, it might be a bug that came with the recent update.

To post this topic as a bug report may get the devs attention. Why don’t you try it?

Well, you ain’t suppose to. Spain can do a pretty strong FF already, adding that powerful cavalry is like allowing the french to mass Cuirassier age 3.

I think longer training times make sense in very high HP units that are hard to counter like curassiers or elephants, but Lancers have middle of the road stats and very clear counters. The change is unjustified. 40 to 45 seconds seems more appropriate.

Furthermore Spain’s Fortress age gameplay is already somewhat narrow, no need to add even more layers of restriction.

3 Likes

good idea, i’ll try it

1 Like

serious? Spain FF now is really weak expect 2 Falconet with pikeman or halberdier. however, every player higher than 1600 ELO can solve it easily.

2 Likes