Can't import local mods

I just created a scenario and I want to publish it as a mod. I remember that there was some process for doing this in AOE2 HD Edition, but since we aren’t using stream workshop it must be different for Definitive Edition. I found where my scenario is located by opening the directory and I also found the local mods file directory. I copied and pasted my file into the local mods directory, but when I bring up the in game mods menu, clicking the import local mods button does nothing. I’m not heavily into creating mods or scenarios, so I don’t know how to make this work. Does anyone know how to publish a mod in AOE2 Definitive Edition? Do I have to rename the file or move it somewhere else? A detailed guide to this would be helpful, so I can make more scenarios in the future.

1 Like

hi anole14.

im also on the hunt for learning all of this. i studied a few forums etc, that was 4 hours ago, now im going places.
although i have 11 web tabs open, a notepad for info storage, aoe2 open, 4 document folders, countless backup folders as i go just to be safe.
i have just completed a custom mod i made, and got it to import, bloody yay!
im not gotta spell it all out if you arent interested anymore.
reply and ill sort you
xo