Can't players choose their own color in normal battle mode?

I loved COH but extremely hated playing as blue every time. Looks like ill probably love AOE4 and continue to hate playing as blue. Honestly, this is such a let down for me.

1 Like

I heard the Mongols were happy to play as Blue to fight against Red Chinese xD

1 Like

I hate blue,too.And I love orange.

1 Like

It’s so strange not having a colour picker in the game. I know AoE3DE is by other teams but that had choosable colours, that you could further alter to boot. Relic might not care about this but I do! I hope the release of modding tool could help us out.

1 Like

Sigh… Why is this not a thing?

Please, Relic, make it happen!

1 Like

Add color selection Relic. This was one of my first concerns when I heard Relic was making Age 4. Looking at most of their games they dont have color selection. It has to be one of the most basic and easiest things to have in the game XD

1 Like

I think there is something coming.
In the UI there is something called “Tuning” pack so maybe its that?

That has nothing to do with colour selection sadly.

We are talking here about the best RTS ever

Colors should be a players decision also yellow and green are annoying this needs to be turned down

then what is it for?

If its like their other game company of heroes 2 then its like mods. So it could be a mod that lets you have 500 pop cap etc. Nothing to do with colours though, that would be in the lobby set up next to each nation.

Yes - we need to be able to pick the colors for sure.

The biggest problem I have with the colors is not being able to tell who is who on a team. This makes it way harder to join teammates for battles or find anything on the mini map. I’d also like to know who I’m fighting…

1 Like

You can change that in options menu just set colours to unique. You still cannot pick your own colour but every player will have their own colour.

1 Like

I’ll try this out, thanks for the info!

Here’s to hoping the first patch allows us to pick civ colours, but more importantly the patch changes the colours in the flipping campaigns…this insanity of blue English v red French…ffs

1 Like

ffs just let us pick player colors for every slot in skirmish like in the past and use realistic colors in the campaign. red French vs blue English totally ruins the experience. We should be able to pick colors AT LEAST in single player