Caravan technology causes converted siege onagers to transform into mangonels

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 769700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I converted a couple of siege onagers from an opponent. Soon after that, the Caravan technology from the market, which supposedly only alters the movement speed of trade units and have no official effects on siege units, completed and my newly acquired siege onagers suddenly turned into mangonels.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) (1 out of 1 time I researched Caravan technology while possessing converted siege onagers)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a game as Aztecs with a Celt opponent
  2. Don’t build an own siege workshop but convert an enemy siege onager
  3. Research Caravan from the market while possessing the converted siege onager

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I would have liked to keep my siege onagers as siege onagers.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

MP Replay v101.101.56005.0 @2022.01.23 170458 (1).aoe2record (4.6 MB)

1 Like

Maybe its a feature like how the converted polish uu can build donjons?

Hi @Hjoerleif !

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for this, we are now tracking this issue!

1 Like

This bug is present since original game I think.
If your civ only get Mangonel, but you convert one Siege Onager for example, if you research some technologies (I don’t know exactly which, but not only Caravan), the converted Siege Onager will transform to Mangonel. Same for Siege rams and cie.

If your civ can only go to Onager, the siege onager will transform to Onager (not Mangonel), but it depends if you have searched the upgrade or not.

I can’t remember well, but in the original game, sometimes even just giving an order to my converted Siege ram bring it back to basic ram.

However, when you convert a foot unit or horse unit, techs don’t seems to modify them.

Some infos here : https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/9d5rx0/this_bug_still_isnt_fixed_for_some_reason_convert/

1 Like

@Hortor Aztecs do get SOs though

Yes, in fact the unit bug changes it to the current state of your tech. Il you are an Aztec and only developed Onager, converted Siege Onagers may transform into Onagers.

1 Like