Castle Image Mod Question

How to create your own Daut Castle mod? Anyone who can guide me in the process and software needed?

Why don’t you just stick to the one that already exists instead of making your own? Modding is a lot harder than it looks and might break the game.

Kindly don’t unnecessarily derail the thread, I want to create my own castle image mod simply as that.

1 Like

This shouldn’t be difficult.
the best way to start modding is by looking into the existing mods, in your case look which files daut castle mod changes.
then look for slx studio a tool made to change aoe2de graphics to bmp/png files which you can edit with paint and convert them back to aoe2de graphics.

A small wish from my side make it better then the mod hera uses. 11

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, it will be my next mod side project. 11

Why don’t you just stick to the one that already exists instead of making your own? Modding is a lot harder than it looks and might break the game.

What the hell do you check the modding forums for? If you think like that just don’t use mods yourself and shut up

1 Like

I always use mods, but making them might cause the game to become unplayable.

What kind of logic is that? “oh you shouldn’t learn how to do this because you might fail”
Worst case scenario you have to delete the mod and the game will run exactly as before…

1 Like

worst case you will need to reinstall the game 11
most likely steam repair does the job for me

1 Like