Cav Box

I had a noob player ‘showing’ me the cav box. The reason it didn’t work for him is because the units are so close together that literally all the area-of-effect units deal damage to ‘all’ or ‘most’ of those units.

I think it should be removed but it seems like it’s overhyped by noob players (no offense then)

2 Likes

True it’s overhyped by Noobs.

1 Like

try to kill 50 oprichnik

As a side note, I wonder if Inca bolas will be a good counter to cav boxes, with that ranged snare and anti-cav bonus.

1 Like

Use goons , and actually hussers are very good at killing opri .

Actually everything is good at killing opri except villigers and skirmishers .

And firstly opri don’t need box to be effective .
Second opri box will have cav archer inside them , single cab archer is so easy to kill .

play versus me, you will kill them too late, no cav box

In sup I will not let u get opri mass , in treaty , lol I will love to see my opponent wasting resources on orpi.

I only use opri box when I know my opponent is a noob (like at 40min in NR40 when he has only two layers of wall…) to end it asap. When you have to go through over 4 or 5 layers (which you should have AT LEAST) it’s way to hard to get into the enemy base and not cost efficient. I mean you know it’s probably coming, so you wall correctly, and pay attention.

2 Likes

true , no point of using box againt good players , u will lose so much in resourses

The cav box is a meme strategy that’s only really useful in squashing complete noobs, with the exception of a well-micro’d Lakota cav box with Tokala Soldiers and the Warchief. Every other cav box can be effectively killed with some micromanagement to killing the central unit and the rest of the cavalry units are generally easy-ish to kill with some basic anti-cav.
Tokala Soldiers are just hard to kill in general, and the Lakota Warchief can get a ridiculous amount of health without even focusing him in the deck.

You sound like a cav boxer…

1 Like

This is exactly what happened to me. Lakota box with Warchief in the middle.

Literally all I can say to that is “get good.” Even with the Lakota cav box, it’s still a meme strategy and it’s pretty much the only thing you can give your team in a treaty game.

So you think it’s a totally acceptable thing and should remain in the game? (I was a Captain btw in the old ranking system).

Absolutely. Why wouldn’t it? It’s a meme strategy that’s rather useless once you stop fighting complete noobs.

It’s literally a bug. This…

"What was the cav box created for? - To protect important units in the center of a formation.

Is using this formation to compress a ton of fast-moving units into a small space to do concentrated siege damage the intended use of this feature? - Absolutely not."

Ok? Games are full of unintended things that turn out to be great. It’s not a good strategy by any means, anyway. There’s a lot of other things you could do that would be a lot better.

…Except that it’s not great… it’s literal cancer. I don’t care how good you are, if a cav box comes into your city from the side and your army is in a different place… you are screwed. Not to mention the game (especially treaty games) become a royal waste of time

You are concerned about the cav box, but have you seen Ronin Swedes fully updated?

I don’t play cav box civs , but yes I have played as cav box and vs cav box back in tad , it’s easy to counter them .

Yesterday only I faced treaty vs two Russia , both went for orpi box . They lost so hard .

2 Likes