Chakram were buffed vs groups of units

what’s the point of making a gold unit to counter 1 unit only. Gold units should be generically good, not good only vs 1-2 units in the game. If I wanna counter Halbs, granted Gurjaras don’t have the best anti-infantry otherwise but I can make Skirms or the low gold-costing Champions (which Gurjaras don’t get).

Requiring a Castle + 30g to make a unit that is basically good only vs Halbs seems a bit far-fetched when you got units like Camel Archers who can fight Knights, Skirms, and anything really.

1 Like

Gurjaras have great cav that cost gold. They don’t also need good gold infantry. I think this is the devs’ way of saying ‘if you are tired of losing to Gurjaras, play more infantry’. Now you only have to figure out how to kill the chakrams.

Gurjaras are the worst in trash wars, almost like Turks but people insist they are OP

Just deny their gold already

I am not so sure that Gurjaras have great cav. Shrivamshas after the nerf feel very fair to play against and medium grops of Crossbows can trade well vs them the same way as they would trade vs a mix of +1/+2 Knights.

Camels have always been a bit of a garbage unit, who trades 1 for 1 vs Knights, ### ###### ######## ##### vs every other unit in the game, and Gurjaras Camels after this nerf are on par with Malians Camels and worse than Hindustanis ones. Many civs like Lithuanians or Sicilians or Franks can probably comfortably play Knights vs Gurjaras these days.

I think Gurjaras are fairly balanced now, possibly even too weak, and they don’t come even close to what Poles or Burgundians can do (I’m assuming here open map, on closed maps those civs are understandably OP).

2 Likes