[CHALLENGE] - Victory Screens!

Yes, relay for us the devs they are doing a wonderful job!

3 Likes

Soo…How many screen shots do we require in order to see the Zulus or Morocco?

4 Likes

well said and its good to see a active Dev on the forums! some games don’t even have one so thanks for getting back to everyone, looking forward to seeing the new content soon and Again a big thanks to yourself for keeping us in the loop and updated!

7 Likes

They look amazing! Please add Ashanti, Morocco, Zulus, Yoruba, Kongolese and Sudanese from Africa in the near future, if you don’t include any of them in this DLC.

EDIT: This architecture would be pretty nice for Ethiopians in Age of Empires 2.

3 Likes

Easy with the requests guys XD. A civ for AOE3 takes a LOT of work(They all have to be quite unique).

I will be okay with just 2, everything above that will be a very big extra.

5 Likes

Ok dev, thank you for caring for us. I know it must be really hard to not spoil anything on the creation process (because it’s not allowed) but I understand. At least some puzzles do the job to know what to expect from the dlc.
Please, do whatever is possible to create a memorable campaign, the game need this.

3 Likes

oh yes! its going to rain on the game!

Pssssssssst! Pleaseeeee go play the Public Update Preview builds on steam!!)

howdo i play?

i think i found the answer Steam Community :: Error
Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Now Available: The Age III DE Public Update Preview (PUP) Program - Steam News

gonna share it on foquitaman discord server

1 Like

There is not a PUP available right now tho

Africa has the second largest indian population in the world,
When Africa was being colonized by the various european countries, Indian’s were the prime import,

There is no Africa - without an incredibly strong Indian influence

So Africa won’t have African Villagers in its homecity? I see none in the screenshot. No African Homecity Units (i.e. performer, vendor, thug, fisher, entertainer, painter, policeman etc)

BTW going by your logic why there are no European Villagers roaming around in the similar fashion? Africa also had the second largest European population in the world during the same period.

1 Like

I’m in Africa - I am an African

No we don’t have the second largest European force, you took us from here to there remember, not the other way around…
All of Africa’s heroes were Indian, save for Shaka, who killed his family and made himself a hero.
Sorry to say it, hey that’s history though… If you like the history you read - you’re just not studying history.

I don’t think you read the right history books for knowledge on Africa

I am not a European, I am an Indian.

Europeans did have a large presence in Africa. After all they are the closest neighbors and somebody did stay to facilitate the colonial trade.

It doesn’t really matter though. All I want to say is, it’s odd not to have African Villagers in their own Homecity. They are rather using Indian Villagers as a placeholder. To me it feels incomplete.

2 Likes

Ok wow - africa is the closest to Europe — Soooo, china and the Mediterranean are… just not on the map I guess.
Although -
Strictly speaking, and I mean really strictly speaking - there was actually no such thing as an African Villager, or policeman, or any of that.

There was absolutely no desire for any form of advancement at all, quite happily living with nature - not even a boat to speak of by the time van reebeck landed.
If you want to make it 100% accurate, Africa was actually stuck in the Nomad era till 380 years ago.

Not everyone in Africa was tribal hunter gatherers. Not the settled Empires in question here (i.e. Hausa and Ethiopians).

They had bustling markets full with all types of people, vendors, craftpersons, performers, fishermen, merchants, blacksmiths, trade carts etc.

Every home-city in the game has its local civilian people roaming around, but am not seeing them in these pictures.

They are art images, probably there will be NPC like that ingame.

1 Like

Lol I didn’t think I need to say this, but I think its rather clear that these Indian villagers that you spotted are placeholders. Don’t worry.

If you think about the priority list for making new Civs, buildings, units and the homecity optics are all top priority. Since they are still in the process of developing, the Homecity is a good thing to share with the community since not all assets have to be finished.

Hence you can spot some military units already (parts of which we already saw in the April screenshots), but the home city civilians are truly the last thing that will probably be worked on by the devs

Also, there are already African villagers in the present version of the game :slight_smile: Just check the historical campaign or scenario editor

1 Like

I said SOON didn’t I?

Enjoy, everyone :wink:

7 Likes

Bought it the first second i could.

3 Likes

I’ve done the same and I’d do it too for an AOE2 expansion wink, wink :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes