Change Color Mood trigger effect timer is inconsistent

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
The Change Color Mood trigger effect quantity field seems to be bugged. This field is supposed to control how long it takes for the color change transition to take. Since there is no ‘timer unit’ for this field, I’m having to guess at the number to use, but on some maps, the timer unit seems to be seconds, on other maps it seems to be tenths of a second, and on other maps it seems to be minutes. I have several mods that allow you to change the map’s color mood by selecting certain units, but the amount of time the transition takes varies wildly even if I enter the exact same number. My best guess is that the effect lags based on the number of objects placed on the map, but I’m not sure.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make a trigger with the Change Color Mood effect, then try entering various numbers in the quantity field. It won’t always take the same amount of time on different maps.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The map’s color mood should take a consistent amount of time to change if you enter the same number.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
The Quantity field doesn’t seem to use a consistent unit for the amount of time the transition is supposed to take. Entering ‘2’ sometimes takes 0.2 seconds, sometimes 2 seconds, sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes 2 minutes.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Bump; hoping the devs will see this.

This problem is still occurring as of the new patch today.

I was not able to reproduce this last time I tried. But currently there is another bug (already tracked on our side) preventing this from being tested properly - color mood switches immediately, not respecting the timer. After that is fixed, providing a scenario reproducing the problem from this thread would be very helpful.