Change for Dravidian (stable)

you don’t have to name them “Dravidians” or “Bengalis” if its bothers your historical accuracy OCD. Just name them something else which isn’t such a terrible civilization.

That’s the point. Medieval french had bad cavalry archers but in game Franks have cavalry archers and the cavalry is quite a feasible play. However if Bengalis used just elephants, that’s not a playable civilization as it is.

Doesn’t matter and is not a history teaching tool. Its an RTS game. Elephants can’t be used as a core unit in competitive 1v1s simply because if you make them too feasible it’ll break the TG play as it did with Khmer in early 2020 and will remain unusable otherwise. Just like the ROR civs, its ok to have it as an additional option. But removing knight entirely and not giving any replacement (like eagles or shrivamsha riders or some other fast moving tanky unit) is just a faulty design.

No, I don’t have OCD, you’re just ignorant. It wouldn’t be OCD if I didn’t want the Magyars and Britons represented under one civilisation, would it? Also, OCD is a serious medical issue which many people actually suffer from. Learn some respect.

Bengalis should have some cavalry, they did have some cavalry in real life, but them not getting Knights makes sense, although it doesn’t for the other South Asian civs. Obviously they then need a heavy cavalry replacement, which they do with Rathas and Battle Elephants. These units aren’t quite strong enough to serve this purpose, so the devs need to buff them, without making them too strong in certain situations. Pretty simple concept, and should be perfectly doable for someone who’s job it is.

The game isn’t a history tool, but history still serves as a basis for everything. We can’t just abandon it completely, and letting it guide the game design creates more unique civilisations.

3 Likes

He meant only civ bonuses and UT. Not representing one with another.

My idea is giving the Dravidians, Knight because they should get access to the Knight-line and while they get the Knight, they still don’t get any upgrades on the Knight.

1 Like

Knights with Wootz will be interesting

If Onager, Scorpion and BBC has more bonus damage against Elephants, Elephant will be viable in both 1v1 and team games. I don’t understand Devs 1 pop per unit insistence btw. Elephants must be 2 pop. BBC also must be 3 pop, Onager 2 pop.

thats way too high. 25 to 30 at most per min

How would you buff Elephants as Bengalis without affecting the Elephants for other civs?

I think Devs should at least try this. Like why they didn’t start with this in the first place is still beyond me.

That’s still close to 10% per minute. While halbs are doing 25% per hit, and even when EA are buffed, skirms are still doing close to 2% per second.

As in either the unit takes absolutely forever to regen, or its getting killed long before regen even has an effect.

And in the meantime, Devs thought gurj camels were balanced :joy::rofl:.

S**t UT on a poor civ Vs S tier UT on an already OP civ :rofl:

2 Likes
  1. Giving them more elephant bonuses.
  2. Address some new techs in stable or blacksmith that will available for Bengalis and for whoever needs but not available for others.

I was thinking if MC UT can be just changed to elephant units extra HP similar to Vietnamese Chatrah UT. Regeneration on elephants is not useful as they take a huge amount of damage from spearman line and have very high HP to recover.

1 Like