Change Object Armor/Attack effect weird byte usage (Not Fixed with Update 37650)

Game Version: 101.101.36906.0

• Build: 4941835
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: MrKirby

:bangbang: AFTER UPDATE 37650 :bangbang::

Same behaviour as before this update.

Issue:

When using the effects Change Object Armor and Change Object Attack there are two fields. The Quantity field and the Armor/Attack Type field. That these fields together use the 4 bytes that in any other effect are used for just the Quantity field is something I’d like to see changed but that’s not what this report is about. The reason of this report is the “weird” usage of the 4 bytes available.

If I want to give a unit 500 attack. I can’t. The Quantity field is limited to 255. Even though an actual units max attack is way beyond 500. I can confirm this by creating 3 effects with 250 Quantity each. (Current work-around). Then 1 byte is used to store the Armor/Attack Type which doesn’t need a value larger than 100 as far as I know… Then two bytes are just left unused…+

I would like to see these changed. Quantity to the 24bits (16,777,215). And Armor/Attack Type to the same 8 bits but in the last of the four bytes, instead of the second.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Create trigger
  2. Add Change Object Attack effect
  3. Write a number that’s higher than 255 in both the Quantity and Armor/Attack Type slot
  4. Save
  5. Load same scenario
  6. See Quantity and Armor/Attack Type be lowered to the value in bits (prefix cut off)
# Example:
# 999 in bits = 1111100111.
# Converts to: 231. Which in bits is = 11100111. (The final 8 bits of 999 in bits)

ATTACHMENTS:

2 Likes

To add to this, current Armor/Attack types go from 0 to 37. So we indeed have a lot of wiggle room here.

1 Like