Change Technology Cost applied to Ages outside of scenario

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.45340.0 6228353
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Using the ‘‘Change Technology Cost’’ command to change the cost of an Age applies this change in cost until the game is restarted, as well as to other players in the initial scenario. This appears to cause Out-of-sync errors during Multiplayer matches, as not only does the Age button still display the modified scenario cost, it also can be clicked and upon doing so, the games out of sync. I cannot confirm this experimentally for the sake of not ruining others’ multiplayer experiences, but it seems this also applies to other cost or technology changes used in the editor, as a few out of sync errors have appeared in my multiplayer experience specifically after having used and tested the editor.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    Only when a scenario with a modified Age cost has been played/tested are the following games affected.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a custom scenario.
  2. Use the ‘‘Change Technology Cost’’ trigger effect to change an Age cost to a different value.
  3. Click the ‘‘Test’’ button in the scenario editor menu.
  4. Leave the scenario, then create a Standard Game, Campaign/Historical Battle or Multiplayer game.
  5. Observe the modified age up cost applied in-game.
  6. (Optional) If in multiplayer, experience an Out-of-Sync error.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The change in technology cost would not have been applied to any games or matches outside of those specifically played in the scenario where the edited cost trigger exists.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNTOFSCRrOo

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)