Changes to certain civs/units: Ideas for next patch

Well, buffing all the bottom civs but Italians is not that good imo.

I mean, I agree that Turks/tatars need a buff, but this way Italians would remain the only weak civ. You should add one more change for them!

Btw, I really like your proposal for Tatars…

1 Like

Not sure why you would nerf one of the top 5 worst civs.

2 Likes

Keshik needs a +5 gold increase at least, it is really cheap for what it can do.

Boyar should cost total 10 gold or maybe 5 gold to make things fair vs leitis kappa.

Leitis need a +10 gold increase for sure, maybe a redesign of the unit, it is the second strongest cavalry unit after elite war elephant, for only 50 gold with fast training time, i mean poor Boyar it cost 80 gold and loses badly and inflicts way less damage than leitis, give those facts leitis is beyond broken, ignore armor bonus should be changed to deny anticav damage from camel line, then leitis would have an unique bonus instead of just higher DPS, because so far we don’t have a cavalry unit capable of countering camel line cost effectively(cataphracts doesn’t win cost effectively) and then leitis could be that one, Trirem made a good post about why leitis needs a different usage.

Asa joke I can send you some Konniks.

Not really. Since back then, their collision box was half the radius, which had the potential for stacking. The stacking factor has been reduced considerably.

Actually the Persian bonus applies to aging up as well, which can be broken at times. It’s still less than that of Persians in Feudal age onwards.

1 Like

not according to pros it isn’t, but hey, let’s listen to you instead of them.

the Boyar is intended to be a tank, that is why it has such high armor, and is slower then even the knight. it wins battles of attrition. the boyar also costs 20 less food and does better at surviving then the leitis does, having an extra armor. it also masses up faster having a faster training time. but hey, ignore those facts. Boyars also belong to a stronger civilization then Lithuanians.

this isn’t possible without making a new armor class, and this, despite your claims, isn’t unique, cataphracts already have something even better then this. this would also cause Leitis to overlap with their Halbs too

are you kidding me? cataphracts take a whopping 8 damage a strike from a camel deal 11 damage back, have trample damage which bypasses armor, and attack 15% faster. how the heck don’t they counter them cost effectively.
i just ran a test. 10 elite cataphracts vs 13 heavy camels (750 gold vs 780 gold) and the cataphracts won with 0 deaths. you’re seriously going to say that isn’t cost effective?

4 Likes

Hey guys, if you didn’t notice, the Boyar, Leitis and Konnik already have an edge over the Knight by having +2 attack in Castle Age. That compensates for them being built at Castles partially.

not really, none of them can be easily massed in castle age, unlike the knight. seeing as they require a castle. yeah mid to late castle age you can start making them, but even then you aren’t going to see masses of them.

4 Likes

You know that leitis is supposed to be a counter against bojar and tk? That’s like saying skirms should cost gold because they counter archers.

6 Likes

he literally stated that cataphracts don’t counter camels…

2 Likes

Here with leitis nerf yet again lithuanians were one of the worst civs before tower shields and leitis buff are they op now ? NO so if you gonna nerf them (btw now they are the most balanced they have ever been) you need to buff them. There have been sugestions to buff their monks eco or add siege ram well if they chose to rebalance them it will be mess for few patches.

2 Likes

Is the Mongol hunt bonus genuinely more useful than +150 food?

at minimum it would be map dependent.
but what isn’t in doubt is that Mongols are a better civ then Lithuanians.

1 Like

The Lithuanians feel like a 2 dimensional civ for me most of the times I see their tech tree - monks and heavy Cavalry. Yet even when playing them it doesn’t feel like that. Maybe that’s because of the economy which helps in a variety of ways. In castle age, knights are a good option for any civ, and collecting one relic means they have the best knights. In Imperial Age, even though they have lackluster siege (Siege Rams are very important in trash wars), the Leitis gives amazing value, especially when it has 2 relics (making their attack 20; most of the units have their HP divisible by 20) making it a solid option accompanied by their main trash units which aren’t bad. Heavy Cavalry units can go out of hand pretty quickly if they get huge boosts. That’s why Frank Paladins were OP in AoK, due to lack of Bloodlines (for other civs to math their Cavalry) and Halberdiers.

lets ignore their stellar trash.

the economy is painfully mediocre at best.

Debatable, Franks can make their knights faster then any other civ in the game with a tech, Huns can mass them up 20% faster baseline, and Teutons get extra armor for free. Berbers even save 15% on their Knights.

depends on your definition of amazing value, the Leitis still gets wrecked by anti cav units and doesn’t do that well against Archers.

1 Like

I’d say so. If you go for similar builds, Mongols will have gathered significant more food than Lithuanians have after two boars+starting food. Of course, Lithuanians have free food so it’s a bit tricky to put into relation but since Mongols can also make use of their bonus with deer they should have a good food advantage over Lithuanians.

1 Like

I’d give it a few more patches to see if the trend holds up but Lithuanians have higher win rates across every elo right now than Mongols

This is debatable - it depends on if you are considering laming or not as well. At a minimum, Lithuanian opening is the most stable in that your TC is always guaranteed to be working at not idle, e.g. if you have trouble finding your sheep early on

and yet which civ do you see used more in non EW tournaments? oh right. Mongols. i wonder why that is. and what does ALL elos mean anyway? the only Rankings where balance matters is the highest level. Low ELO games favor a civ like Lithuanians over mongols anyway because they like to wait until imp and a move armies into each other, which will favor a civ with strong a move friendly units more then anything. Mangudai are awesome but very micro intensive, and if they just stand their and shoot they are going to get wrecked.

in today’s game with all the map fixes its all but impossible to not find your sheep. yes Lithuanians have a little better cushion against laming, but in the long term, their eco is one of the worst in the game.

1 Like