Changing lighting / day times for AOE4

Hello Age of Empires friends :slight_smile:

@AgeofNoob3936 made a fantastic video about the possibility to change lighting in AOE4 with the mod tools. The video also shows that the graphics of the game are good despite.

I think it would be great if this were to be included as a game option in the basic game. One of the game designers of AOE4 said on the Twitch broadcast of Season 1 that this was one of the mods from the PUP that excited him the most.

Buildings and units would then have less visibility, for example, which would make it easier to sneak up on attacks.

During the night, for example, buildings and units could have less visibility, making it easier to sneak up on attacks. There could be other influences of the time of day on the game. Of course, it would also contribute to the atmosphere to have the time of day in the game.

What do you think about it? Should this be included as an option for matches?

Best regards

6 Likes

Completly agree!

20 characters

1 Like

I think there’re a lot of options such as game speed, time of day, fog, and so on that could be easily baked into the game without the need of mod. Perhaps they could if they see some mods be more popular than others. Regardless, it can only get better from here, so I’m hopeful the community will be able to do things from here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes