Changing the castle module of Chinese

so long as unit skins and cosmetics are client side only i have no problem with it.

2 Likes

The game has several REAL issues and problems. Especially perform wise.

The design of chinese castle isn’t one of them.

Its called Historiccal accuracy Part 1 and Historical Accuracy Part 2

You require both for the mod to function, It focuses more on giving propper unit skins but I did alter Some cive Architectures, Byzantines, Mongols ,ME civs, I also made sure to give appropriate dark age houses to multiple civs.

2 Likes

you are awesome

1 Like

Its not actually so easy, because of the destruction animation, which noone from the modding community seems to know how to do. I uploaded a video of the artists who designed it talking about how they did it and I asked some of the modders here if they could recreate and the consensus seemed to be its too time consuming to do properly.

1 Like

Likewise, this is the sort of content I want to see and pay for. We have too many civs already.

2 Likes

No problem man, I hope you enjoy it.

After I mod each civ to have HA units and buildings, to me each civ is uniqe, hense why I want these civs to be added, so I can mod them as well and enjoy even more diverse ,actual historical engagements.

I never play as the Mayans vs Britons on Mediteranian map, or the Chinese vs Ethiopia on Arabia. I Love researching a historical battle/event and then recreating that in game.

So to me I play as African civs fighing one another, or Asian civs vs Asian civs, and so on, only when actual far flucng kingdoms fought one another do I play such diverse battles such as :scroll:
Battle of Talas, Saracens vs China vs Tibet (Why I want Tibet added)
Portugese expanding into Africa.
Spain and Portugal expanding into the new world (Why I want Taino and
Zaputechs added)
And ofcource my favorite campaigns the Crusades, where European civs (Britian,Franks,Italy) fought against ME civs allongside the Byzantines and even the Mongols showed up.

So to me I want more African Civs for Historical African battles,trade and cities:
Red Sun of Africa DLC
Congolese Empire
Kanhem-Bornu Empire
Kingdom of Zimbabwe/Mutapa/ Shona People
Kingdom of Ghana
Songhai Empire.
Swahili

Asian DLCs

Tibetans
Cheloa empire
Afghhans
More Asian civs

and Caucusus DLC
Armenia
Georgia
to have even further options to reinact the crusader battles in the levant and Caucusus.

That is why I want more civs and better archutecture sets:
Chinese and Koreans to recieve their own Castle Architecture, the Japanese castle really doesn’t do them justice.
And for the Mongols + Huns we need Yurt houses and nomadic architecture.
Georgia: New Caucasian set
Armenia: Caucasian ,ME Hybrid set
Byzantines+Sicilians Medi (Dark+Fudal), ME (Castle+Imp) Hybrid set
(Or just your IA set that you created for HD Byzantines, I adore that set)

Catbarf, are you the same catbarf on Steam Workshop who did the Byzantine building set? Your set was just awesome! Could you get MS to add it into AOE2DE officially like they did for the Indian building set.

2 Likes

That is me, and I would love to see them do that (especially seeing it remade in DE art style) - however I can say through some indirect connections to the dev teams that there doesnt seem to be any interest in that.

2 Likes

Any reason why? Did they share?

1 Like

Only a lack of response/interest when I have offered to hand over the designs.

I would say the reason is they already have an art team and they dont want to complicate things by using any outside IP - which is understandable.

Edit: Spelling

2 Likes

I was just saw on Reddit and it seems like they’re hiring 3d animators and such.

1 Like

I want to transfer my IA compilation to DE one day.

There won’t be any destruction animations though.

1 Like

So you created that mod?

The one you’re referring too is probably Omarr_gg’s work which I used in one of my mods (green roof version).

I compiled and recombined a lot of those mods for HD, never created graphics on my own, though kept crediting the original artists.

It’s actually quite easy but a bit repetitive to implement those graphic SLPs as they are called in the game.

So yes and no basically

2 Likes

Too bad. I really like your set.

2 Likes

I’d also love for your work to be in DE officially

/2.

{20 stupid charakters}

May I ask the name of the mod you made?

Thank :smiley: