Chat delay

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 8647032
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
In-game chat delay. Sometimes takes minutes for chat message sent by me to appear

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. No definitive steps to reproduce.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Chat message appears instantly

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
MP Replay v101.101.61591.0 @2022.05.23 185420 (3).aoe2record (3.5 MB)

Hi @zeusk0g !

Unfortunately this time the Recorded game is not enough, and we could not reproduce the issue either. Do you know how can we reproduce this? In which circumstances it happens for you?

Thanks!

Hello, same thing here. Seems more frequent at the start of the game. Sometimes takes 5 minutes for the message to appear.

its most likely the censoring system causing this.

back when I would disable censoring by blocking IP in host file, chat delay does not happen. it is only with IP removed does this happen.

Thanks for the extra info, we are now tracking this issue ^^

I’ve been having the exact same issue with the most recent version on game pass (PC) happened for the past few patches. Very difficult to recreate as it happens very inconsistently

The in-game chat has been experiencing a delay since the game’s release in 2019 and unfortunately, it has not been resolved yet.

Seems to be consistent now. Only way to get rid of it is disabling the filter. It really makes makes chat unusable. I actually also had the steam version installed for capture age so I uninstalled that to see if it helped but no difference. Any idea why this only happens to some?

Been having the same issue.

1 Like

we have this problem since the game came out guys. So get used to it.

1 Like

I miss the lightning speed of chats in AoE2:HD and before, as well as the cool chat transmission sound the old AoEs had. Now we get laggy chats and an annoying doorbell sound since AoE2:DE’s release. DE’s changes (including how hard it is to load your own MP3s now) makes chats far less fun. Is probably a decent reason why I stopped playing it as much