Chat window stuck and froze all my control, but the game continue to work

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: #99404
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Chat message entering window stuck when I tries to switch the language and crushed my control over the game at all. I was not able to type anything in that window, not able to close it, my clicks anywhere didn’t cause any result, game didn’t react on any buttons from the keyboard, was not able to move the camera position. Just observed one particular area of the map until my teammates resigned.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

Ranked multiplayer, Migration, 3v3, Green, Spanish.

1. Moved the camera to the area near teammates’ island. (Many enemy ships nearby)
  2. Made the order for 4 branders (ships, already selected) move somewhere near this island.
  3. Opened chat window to inform the teammate.
  4. Typed something in Russian, erased.
  5. Switched the language two times with Shift+Alt (Russian->Chinese (Simplified, China)->Japanese (PinyinTones)) instead of three times (+ Japanese(PinyinTones)->English (United States))
  6. Windows’ small window with all the languages appeared on the right middle part to select the language (It appears sometimes for a short time, but this time it was a stable window). I pressed the `English’ button.
  7. Success.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Operable chat window. I should be able to close it, to type something into it, or it should disappear automatically after the message was sent.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
Unfortunately didn’t save the screenshot and lost it from the clipboard, but nothing unusual was there. Just opened chat window waited for the input.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Google Drive
Google Drive

How to avoid these bag in future? Can the rating for my teammates be restored? They almost won even without my help, but then they lose.

Faced it only once. Cannot reproduce in the offline games. Was not able to resolve it with any tips and suggestions from the internet for something like 20 minutes (before teammates resigned). Alt+Tab and other tips did not help at all.

1 Like

Just found what I tried to find for 10 minutes during that game, but failed. Alt+Enter will switch the game to the window mode. So, probably, it will resolve the issue, if I will meet it one more time. Probably the game just did not recognize that the attention switched back from the language window. It is my understanding, because everything worked fine in terms of sounds and animations in that area of the map where my camera stuck.

I get that randomly as well and sometimes i have to spam esc, space, enter, mouse clicks etc but not sure which it does get rid of it (mostly happen in early game for me, like dark age early).

1 Like