Chat won't work and jam the game

Same issue here, do you guys know how to provide information to the develop team to fix this bug?

I caught the same bug from windows update so have rolled back to previous version of Windows and seems to have been fixed

No rolling back. They should fix this and make sure it doesn’t happen again. Also I wonder if bug fixing after almost every new Windows release or feature update was included into their budget.

@Chao0127 said:
Same issue here, do you guys know how to provide information to the develop team to fix this bug?

HI @Chao0127, You can report your bug to the team here.

Simple Workaround: Just click on the chat icon (Up on the right) when chat freezes.

@“Omar Venom” said:
Simple Workaround: Just click on the chat icon (Up on the right) when chat freezes.

Ahh, they’ve added the classic spartan APM measurement system. B)

Good job finding this out!

@PCS70 said:

@“Omar Venom” said:

Ahh, they’ve added the classic spartan APM measurement system. B)

Good job finding this out!

You are welcome :slight_smile: don’t forget to press ALT+TAB twice after the chat freezes or it won’t work.

@PCS70 said:
No rolling back. They should fix this and make sure it doesn’t happen again. Also I wonder if bug fixing after almost every new Windows release or feature update was included into their budget.

@PCS70 said:

I tried disabling all the autocorrect functions and it worked temporarily but the problem came back hence why I edited my original post. I’ve actually found my connection to be back to normal since rolling back as well. Googling it, it seems like a known problem.

I have the same problem.
And it’s very annoying that the game should have been more stable but we find always new bugs.

And the best, because of this bug +1 loss in stats every time :frowning:

It seems this alt+tab works, but I still can’t chat with my team :frowning:

soluciones ya
yo tengo el mismo problema

@lemusical said:
soluciones ya
yo tengo el mismo problema

Be patient, amigo.

@mc0134 said:
In single player mode, I get to use the chat box to enter one cheat code. When I open the chat box again to try to enter additional cheat codes, the box is there but won’t let me type anything and game freezes. Have to minimize game or alt+tab out of game and back and then press F3 to get game back to keep working.

Guess I’m not the only one having this issue but hopefully Microsoft fixes this issue. Game was working fine before but it happened after some kind of windows update, I don’t know what!

Age of empires is a nice game otherwise.

Hello
I have the same issue and I have been ignored by Age of Empires support mail and Windows it is great to know I am not the only one with the same problem for me restarting and uninstalling the game hasn’t worked for me.

Facing the same ■■■■ issue… have reset the windows… reinstalled the 17gb game… nothing… any update how to get this fixed?

Yo también tengo el mismo problema. Se congela el recuadro del chat. Espero que se solucione pronto…

i have same problem

@adadmagno said:
i have same problem

One time is enough.

I have the same problem.
Is there already a solution for this?

It has been a pain in a$$ with this chat bug. I have to to fix it in the game each time by clicking a drop-down for player 5 or 6 continuously, alt + tab and then the keyboard, it starts working after a few times i do this.