Chat won't work and jam the game

This seriously sucks… You ask for 20$ and then you provide the worst support for a game. its been more than a month since the game is stuck with the chat message… seriously??? heights of unprofessional behavior. close the company and go back to your homes and do someother job Forgotten empires and you will soon be forgotten by everyone as a game developer…

@EgotisticImp8 said:
This seriously sucks… You ask for 20$ and then you provide the worst support for a game. its been more than a month since the game is stuck with the chat message… seriously??? heights of unprofessional behavior. close the company and go back to your homes and do someother job Forgotten empires and you will soon be forgotten by everyone as a game developer…

Now they will take AoE2 HD and… transform into 4K remaster game.

In order to fix it per game, I have to actually hit the home key, click a player drop-down and some random keys like a madman and eventually the keys start appearing to type in the chat bar, lol.

FIX the GAME!!!

Chat completely locks up the game. This happened to a few of us since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it’s something to do with that. The game works, just don’t try to chat, if you do, just click outside the game on the desktop and then back into the game, which clears it. Hopefully there will be a patch to fix this soon.

I found a temporary solution for this problem. Go to Region & language in Settings, in Languages add a new language. In my case, I add Japanese, don’t know if other languages work. So on the game, when chat jam your game, just press Windows + space to change language to Japanese, it will work again. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

Same problem here… Sometimes works, sometimes freezes and I have to alt-tab. Sometimes just crashes the game…

@SneeringDig5232 said:
Same problem here… Sometimes works, sometimes freezes and I have to alt-tab. Sometimes just crashes the game…

When it freezes press alt+tab then press the chat icon from up on the right

This is COMPLETELY GAME BREAKING BUGS, DEVS MOVE YOUR ASSES

we paid for this game and you’re not fulfilling your end of the bargain. I’m willing to overlook the amateurish junior coding that went into the multiplayer lobby UI and the complete lack of understanding background threading and preventing blocking of the UI. I’ll take that annoyance to just have a WORKING GAME.

Hola Buen Dia Espero que ya tengan alguna solucion
saludos

A solution to unlock your game, alt+tab and back unfreezes the game for me.

@FIREHAWKGM99 said:
A solution to unlock your game, alt+tab and back unfreezes the game for me.

Is this with the game in full screen or windowed mode? I know multiplayer disconnects if you alt+tab during the middle of a match in full screen.

Okay, so the game crashes when I am playing the game in full screen, press Enter then alt+tab out of the game. When I alt+tab out of the game after pressing Enter to send a chat and then return the fix works, however I have to repeat it every time I attempt to send a chat message.

Seriously, I just restored my version of Windows to before the last update and it fixed it. Apparently the last Windows update screwed with some other things not only AOE but also performance.

i found the fix to chat freezing after the latest windows 10 update. i restored previous windows 10 update and presto! chat is working again!!

ya tendran una solucion

@lemusical said:
ya tendran una solucion

En alguuuuuuuun momento en alguuuuuuun día quizás no de este año.

It’s a bad joke. Multiplayer game without communication…

So, apparently we all have the same problem, Microsoft f’ed us over again, has anyone tried going back to a previous version of Windows 10 to see if that works???

IdleCastle, yes that works, undo the last version of Windows and the problem was fixed.

Issue is that other people don’t have the fix and when they start typing mid-game it can crash the game for everyone.