Chat won't work and jam the game

the devs dropped it, nothing is being fixed on it anymore. don’t buy another release from them, you will just be ■■■■■■ over.

I am having the same issue. If i host a game and do not change the title, then chat works for me… however it will only work for about 30 mins and then it will freeze the game if you dont tab out and back in. If you change the title… you wont have chat in the lobby or in the game. The game has worked fine for me since January and now it just started to get broken on me the last couple days

@Dis666guise said:
I am having the same issue. If i host a game and do not change the title, then chat works for me… however it will only work for about 30 mins and then it will freeze the game if you dont tab out and back in. If you change the title… you wont have chat in the lobby or in the game. The game has worked fine for me since January and now it just started to get broken on me the last couple days

Rewind the windows update brother.

@“Mystic Taboo” Not everybody can rollback that easily. I have deleted the previous version already. But they still have until september 2019 to fix a problem which shouldn’t have been a problem in the first place. o:)

so basically this cant be fixed?

I got the chat issue to…

@“EpiC xMystical” said:
so basically this cant be fixed?

The work-around until a patch is released is to play the game in windowed mode and alt+tab out and back in after the game freezes.

It’s not the AOE teams fault, it’s a duff Windows update causing problems with other games as well. I didn’t have the problem until I updated and it has been fixed since I rolled back so it’s almost certain this is a Windows issue not a DE fault.

@LangtuKQS said:
I found a temporary solution for this problem. Go to Region & language in Settings, in Languages add a new language. In my case, I add Japanese, don’t know if other languages work. So on the game, when chat jam your game, just press Windows + space to change language to Japanese, it will work again. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

this works… thanks pal :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

FREEZING, FREEZING, FREEZING. This is an embarrassment. The game has a great history and MS is making a total mess out of this. we are not able to chat or play the ■■■■ game is freezing,

any luck on chat freeze… kinda ruins the game without it

i have the same problem :’(

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
It’s not the AOE teams fault, it’s a duff Windows update causing problems with other games as well. I didn’t have the problem until I updated and it has been fixed since I rolled back so it’s almost certain this is a Windows issue not a DE fault.

Windows 10 April 2018 Update problems and how to fix them | TechRadar

https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

So we can safely update windows again?

I don’t trust this company anymore.

@EightSet8871581 said:
I see this issue already present in feedback hub. Please upvote for those.

The forum does not allow me to put links. So have put the headings below which can be searched in Feedback hub.

“Age of Empires DE chat issue”

“Age of Empires Definitive Edition cannot send chat more than once.”

Here’s a link to the most upvoted Feedback Hub item: https://aka.ms/AA1fo6b

Currently 19 upvotes.

Exactly the same thing here…

Yeah same here. This is beyond sad tbh. The worst thing is that even the Xbox messaging didn’t work when I tried to communicate with a teammate without chat…

Same here. This is a ■■■■■■■ joke.

How am I supposed to communicate with teammates when chatting FREEZES THE ■■■■■■■ GAME?!

Does the AOE DE team is not seeing this forum. Everyone playing AOE DE has this problem and the Dev tem keep ignoring this.

Same problem. The game worked well before, now the chat fails. The screen freezes

I’m up to the balls of the chat!!!
I CANT PLAY, I CANT CHAT WITH MY TEAM! Solve the problem :@!