Chat won't work and jam the game

@JangoSpain said:

I’m up to the balls of the chat!!!
I CANT PLAY, I CANT CHAT WITH MY TEAM! Solve the problem :@!
Be patient.

I cannot copy and paste in the chat window

@Augustusman said:

@JangoSpain said:

Be patient.

what are you basing the patience on? Microsoft fixing it with a windows update or the AoEDE team updating it (which apparently they’re done updating the game)?

@“markawil@live.com” said:

@Augustusman said:

@JangoSpain said:

Be patient.

what are you basing the patience on? Microsoft fixing it with a windows update or the AoEDE team updating it (which apparently they’re done updating the game)?

Why not?

Hi,

I’m having the same problem. Every time i play a game i have to close it and reopen game just to be able to chat in lobby. But once I’m in the game I can only chat once then it freezes. I hope there’s a fix for this soon. It’s extremely difficult to play in a team game and not being able to communicate.

The solution most people prefer to is to rollback their Windows update. This poses a huge security threat for people.

Thanks.

Last day I have a seen a video of AOE team speaking about effort taken for remastering this game, All their effort will be a waste if this issue is not fixed.

still no fix for this? extremely annoying

i hate to say as I really enjoyed this game over the years but without chat, it is no fun. Bye

1 Like

As per Microsoft’s Terms and Conditions of Sale, section 16:
16. Return Policy. This return policy is provided in addition to any legal guarantees or other statutory return rights that you may have under law (see Product Warranties section below). Subject to our return criteria, after purchasing an eligible product you may withdraw from the purchase contract and request a refund without giving a reason within thirty (30) calendar days. The withdrawal period will expire after thirty (30) calendar days from delivery.
To exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us of your decision before the withdrawal period has expired. Please contact us at Sales and Support

If you exercise your right of withdrawal, we will refund the amount you paid for the products and their delivery to you (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting rom your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). The refund must generally be made to the original method of payment. You must return the related products to us without undue delay (no later than 14 days from the date you initiate your return request)and at your expense.

I suggest as I have done issued an email to Microsoft stating you have 24hrs to resolve to issue, or I will be claiming a refund.

So I just made the mistake of purchasing this POS. Unfortunately I didn’t read this before my purchase. So Microsloth is still selling AoE on their store and on Amazon. What do you call it when you sell something that you know doesn’t work, but guaranteeing that it does? I think it’s called FRAUD! Either fix it or stop selling it!

1 Like

cuando va servir este juego?

@lemusical said:
cuando va servir este juego?

Dale un par de meses y veremos

In single player mode, I get to use the chat box to enter one cheat code. When I open the chat box again to try to enter additional cheat codes, the box is there but won’t let me type anything and game freezes. Have to minimize game or alt+tab out of game and back and then press F3 to get game back to keep working.

Guess I’m not the only one having this issue but hopefully Microsoft fixes this issue. Game was working fine before but it happened after some kind of windows update, I don’t know what!

Age of empires is a nice game otherwise.

I am also curious if someone can fix this issue for the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition players. There known bug/error is basically for people like me on 1803 (Windows 10). The others have simply reverted to their 1703 (Creators edition Windows 10). While I do not recommend to do that… I hope this can help the support/debugging team construct a fix to the issue. All other things considered I’d like to say you have made a great remake to the game as I am a former MSN Gaming Zone RoRer…those were some good ole days. Trying to play in more competitive matches not being able to read chat or type to allies can be a hindrance.

same problem here :frowning: it´s impossible to play like this!

yo tengo una mini solucion haciendo varios intentos esto me funciono, solo me funciona poniendo pause (con f3) despues vayan al icono de chat arriba de la pantalla denle 2 veces clic rapidamente y les dejara escribir en el chat cuando pongan lo que quieren le dan enter y si quieren volver a escribir le vuelven a dar otra ves en el icono 2 veces rapidamente todo esto mientras esta en pausa y les deja volver a escribir, es un poco enfadoso pero bueno a mi me funciona.

@kmus96 said:
yo tengo una mini solucion haciendo varios intentos esto me funciono, solo me funciona poniendo pause (con f3) despues vayan al icono de chat arriba de la pantalla denle 2 veces clic rapidamente y les dejara escribir en el chat cuando pongan lo que quieren le dan enter y si quieren volver a escribir le vuelven a dar otra ves en el icono 2 veces rapidamente todo esto mientras esta en pausa y les deja volver a escribir, es un poco enfadoso pero bueno a mi me funciona.

para hacer que se envie lo que pusieron solo quiten el pausa

Haven’t played this game for nearly 2 months now because of this bug.

Is there any intention to fix this or is microsoft just accepting that AoE:DE has reached the max of its’ lifespan and the community is free to die?

@Keempf said:
Haven’t played this game for nearly 2 months now because of this bug.

Is there any intention to fix this or is microsoft just accepting that AoE:DE has reached the max of its’ lifespan and the community is free to die?

They got our money already so there’s nothing else they need to do. They’re probably focusing on AoE4 which I won’t touch because of the debacle this game was.

yeah this happens to me as well but it also happens when i try to save my games it will freeze like the chat