Chat won't work and jam the game

I have just decided to give another chance to the multiplayer of this game and then…this chat bug. I know it’s not the devs fault, it’s the Microsoft update, but seriously in 1 month the company has not yet found a workaround to this mess?? Multiplayer is nearly impossible with this kind of problem.
And one more thing: this all feedback app is very neat, but is the company even caring about the posts of the community? It really is a shame after all, this game has so much potential…

im facing the same bugs, i cant chat in game i read through and some times i cant build a dock but i really need my chat back in game… thanks

yeah it was after the last windows update it occured

It should not take this many people complaining for them to realize to fix this issue - I mean it is their job to make this game run as smooth and well as possible. I want to enjoy this game from my childhood and not feel like it is a polished up version that breaks down every few seconds.

This bug had never happened to me before and now it does that all the time :frowning: I can’t even type anythhing in the chatbox or the screen will freeze and people will say I have a 5000 ping. Then all I have to do is drop down the window, put it back… but I still can’t type. I’m like a muet player because of that :frowning:

This is now happening to me… Please fix this

@dycaite said:
This is now happening to me… Please fix this

They are fixing this since March.

Still happening for me :frowning:

Well as a dev you usually only flipp everything up one time, cause then the community numbers are starting to spiral down in an unrepairable way…

At least a respond that adresses this bug would be something.

Hi everyone!

I changed the hotkey of chat from ENTER to V and it has fixed the issue for me.

@TigerishSoda470 said:
Hi everyone!

I changed the hotkey of chat from ENTER to V and it has fixed the issue for me.

already tried changing the hotkey for the chat but the problem does not go away

Hi Totalste.
Instead of V change it to B.
Steps to type chat:

1. Press B.
    chat box will open.
    2.supoose you want to type bigdaddy cheat.press b.the game will hang.
    3.click continuosly on the chat box till the cursor starts blinking in the chat box.try to type bigdaddy again and press enter.
    It should work this time.
    If problem still persists repeat steps 2 and 3. It will surely work.
    Enjoy!

Please comment if my suggestion worked for any of you AoE:DE players.
Thanks!

@TigerishSoda470 said:
Thanks!

Give time to them to answer.

June 17th still having the same issue as everyone else. Have also sent an email. Still waiting

It’s not just this, there’s SEVERE bugs in the multiplayer lobby. Heck I’m a long time software dev if they just gave me access I could go in and fix these lobby bugs for free.

@TigerishSoda470 said:
Thanks!

Appreciate the quick fix but this is hardly a solution. Forgotten Empires/Microsoft really needs to fix this game, it’s a broken mess and it has been for months.

@dycaite said:

@TigerishSoda470 said:
Thanks!

Appreciate the quick fix but this is hardly a solution. Forgotten Empires/Microsoft really needs to fix this game, it’s a broken mess and it has been for months.

Did the fix work for you?

i found if you change it to a different key (ty TigerishSoda470) it will work! but… you have to

1. after opening the chat box and trying to type the 2nd time open your windows tab
  2. keep it open and press and hold the key (it dosent matter how long)
  3. and you should be able to type as many times as want
    note: you have to do this every time after the first
1 Like

edit:no need for the windows just press and hold