China EASILY the worst CIV

Yep, this is indeed one of the biggest problem of a Chinese civ.

Neither of landmark of age3 can bring Chinese much power to rely on.

Tedious operation, endless defense and suffering, interminable multi-coordination. These make the experience of using Chinese civ extremely poor.

1 Like

guys he is right about that civs that can produce units from their landmarks have a huge advantage also civs with early man at arms is at huge advantage too because its so hard to kill.
Either those unit producing landmarks need to move to another age or they must nerf because they are low risk high reward landmarks and it really pushes players to limits.
Man at arms or burgrave needs a nerf too.(man at arms meele armor can be reduced.)
OR those landmarks need to cost extra 150 wood

1 Like

Chinese can deffend really well from early maa and early armoured units in general.
Age2 they get barbican, also they can get handcanonslits on the towers, which do loads of damage to armoured units. On high level you will simply not be able to kill china in age2 because their resources will usually be well protected.
The civ requires a lot of macro though, so at lower leagues then they will definitely struggle age2, specially if people keep trying to go for song+2tc boom blindly while the opponent is going all in.

yes you are right chinese are actually in better position than other civs in that regard but it still a very high disadvantage for the other civs its hard to deal with it and if the oppenent plays good with english,french or HRE you nearly cant pick yourself up.If they manage to kill even 1 villager thats over you are fallen behind if they cant kill anything its fine for them too,so this low risk high reward mechanic needs to go in my opininon

1 Like

How do you play china?

china is a high skill 5star difficulty civ

you will find many pros playing china and they do fine in feudal.

watch neptune, he’s a china main and he win majority of his games, in team games, 90%+. in solo still 1900-2000 elo.

i play a lot of china these days, and as powerful as it may be, i still find it the most difficult to play.

2 Likes

it’s hard civ to play, of course people will perform worse on average

1 Like

the patch didn’t change the villager production site. The server side patch nerfed the villager production and the patch added the note in retrospect.

that’s not true though, you can actually get Song when English attacks you. Also you can get archers earlier and produced faster when supervised. So English isn’t the issue here.

1 Like

Most civs are strengthened in the next season, except for Malians and China. Malians is so strong in this season that it should be weakened. But why does China be weakened? Is it too simple or having a good performance in one aspect? I mean a good performance like Rus.

1 Like

Well rest in peace, Palace Guard, Zhuge Nu, Nest of Bees, and welcome grenadier?

2 Likes

agree, they keep increasing cost of units and nerfed #### ### and fire lancer those was only advantages of this civ, in age 2 china is very vulnerable against MAA spam because it have nothing to counter it, if dev keep that way it will become the worst civ

1 Like

they nerfed palace guards because of the tax mechanic china has when you create a palace guards it gives some gold to barracks(i dont play china so i dont know how much is it).This mechanic makes them far more cheaper than other man at arms.

1 Like

it was 4 gold per unit, and within the range of imperial academy it’s 8. So it’s not a LOT. Most of the time it will cost 21gold now because you cannot always build barrack in the perfect position.

2 Likes

Well, enclosure and regnitz is a thing so… Why not?

1 Like