China Great Wall Gatehouse resources not refunded when build cancelled while attacked

So I’ve encountered this bug a number of times now in ranked play and, at first, I wasn’t 100% sure that it wasn’t due to the enemy actually destroying it before I could cancel it, but after a few more times happening I am 100% sure this is a legit bug.

Basically, when you’re constructing the Great Wall Gatehouse landmark, and then an enemy starts attacking it, if you CANCEL the build, you are NOT refunded the 2400/1200 food/gold. I haven’t done any testing but it may be this only occurs when the building is quite low on remaining health (<20%) and currently getting attacked. I haven’t seen this issue when the construction is >40% complete because, usually, it’s better to just let it finish even if getting attacked, since non-siege units cannot continue attacking it when it’s finished. Also, this bug DOESN’T occur if the enemy is NOT actively attacking it (as far as I can tell).

This is actually a fairly significant little bug for China, as this could very well be in a critical point in the game where that 2400/1200 food/gold will significantly hurt you.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this? I only noticed this since last patch.

1 Like

Thats for all buildings. You only get all resources back if u cancel the buikdung before its attacked.

The same happend to me, but with the Twin Minaret Medrese.
It killed me actually.
WTF? Therefore it is better to pull off the vills and let the landmark be destroyed. - Especially when you just began building it. Seams a very strange mechanic to me, especially regarding landmarks.