Chinese mastery "Expansion Villages" not working

Greetings, not sure is it a bug or I am doing something wrong. The mastery says I must have 100 population and construct 2 Villages until Castel age. I have tried having both having exactly 100 population with 2 houses and 2 Villages and it didn’t give me mastery. At first I had 3 Villages and 120-130 population before Castle age, but then I saw it didn’t grant me mastery, so I tried to have exact number and it still didn’t give me mastery. Last thing I didn’t try is to have 100/100 population with exactly 2 Vilages and 2 houses because now I am not sure do they mean on 100 pop cap or 100 actual population.

1 Like

Hello,

I have already mastered the Chinese and all the tasks work as well. Here is meant that you have to build two villages and a population of 100. The limit to increase is not enough you must also really have 100 units. All this must be achieved before you get to the castle age. For me it worked like this.

And to be clear its villages not town centers! I goofed that at first

Did u get that to work?

Hey @Kapul4! Were you able to get this Mastery to trigger?

Didn’t try it but other user said you need to have 100/100 population with 2 villages on the map before castle age.

I am currently experiencing this issue. No matter what I try I am unable to get the mastery. Any help would be appreciated

Have you actually resolved this? Because I also ran into this issue and it’s really annoying, as I like playing Chinese and can’t seem to figure it out.

Seems rather simple and all the points seem clear to me:

Two Villages and not TCs.

Not only the limit of 100, but actually having that population before building landmark for Castle Age.

Anything I might overlook? Do I need to have 100 villagers or do military units count as well?

Help would be appreciated!

I really tried this several times. Not even sure if making a savegame and reloading would prevent me from mastering this, I hope it doesn’t.

Here is meant that you have to build two villages and a population of 100. The limit to increase is not enough you must also really have 100 units. All this must be achieved before you get to the castle age.

Well, thank you for your response. But I know how to read and I pointed out that the task seems clear to me. Nevertheless it did not work for me so far.

I sadly did not play anymore chinese so I cannot give you a clear answer, but it appears that it worked with the person I quoted. If you had exactly 100/100 units and 2 vilages before castle and it didn’t work, it would be best to ask someone from support department is it a bug.

1 Like

Thank you. I did exactly that and it didn’t work anyway.

You have to make 2 villages (These are buildings) and have a population of 100.

I had the same issue as you. But, there is a trick to unlock this annoying task after my discovery. You can apply my experiment:
_ Create a skirmish game with 1v1. In the Game Setup, you modify Starting Resources are Maximum, Starting Age must be Age I, and Map State is Revealed. And don’t forget the easy A.I.
_ Launch a game, using only 6 villagers to construct 2 Landmarks to reach Feudal Age and Song Dynasty.
_ Build 2 Villages and 1 House to get 100 Population.
_ Construct Military Buildings to train 100 militaries and delete 6 villagers to obtain 100/100.
_ You must stay in the era of the Feudal Age and Song Dynasty, bring your armies to destroy A.I. Landmarks, and this task completion pops up.
I hope my solution may help you. Besides, I expect the next patch could fix this task to prevent the occurrence.

I think you are overinterpretating a bit.

It worked fine for me:

Just go Song Dynasty (and stay there)

Have over 100 population (more is ok to get the mastery)
Have at least 2 villages (Song Dynasty special building)

Then just kill the enemy in feudal age with rams and army.