Cinematics

Like them or hate them, we all remember the prerendered cutscenes that accompanied the original AOE. From the quiet campaign intros to the dramatic game intro, and the brief campaign endings, the cutscenes were neat because they showed off detail in the game’s artwork that was simply not visible through sprites.

What do you all think of cinematics in AoE? Were they a waste of time, or do you want new ones to accompany the Definitive Edition?

Great thread! Would love to see new cutscenes, reimagined with new visuals while still preserving the narratives of the old ones.

I guess it’s a lot of work, not sure that they’ll do new ones. It would be great to watch new cinematics but I’m ok with the old ones :slight_smile:

Remaking all the cinematics would be gorgeous. But if they include the same ones, please, rescalate them to HD :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally I’d love to see new ones with the new models, but I’d be surprised if we get any cinematics since it’s probably a very low priority.

I think they should include cinematics. Recycled the originals or newones that follow the same idea. I am very excited to see the final result.

I think they should include cinematics. Recycled the originals or newones that follow the same idea. I am very excited to see the final result.

it would be great to make new ones with the new visuals but to stay the old ones when playing classic mode.

I do not remember having people focused on this type of work in FE, it would be great to have an improvement on the cutscenes, but as the opinion of many here, it would not be bad to keep the originals for nostalgic reasons.

The thing is, now the units in the cutscenes may look worse then the ones in the game :wink: lol

The original low resolution cinematics would be very pixelated in 1080P or 4K. Personally I expect that the original cinematics will be remastered like all of the other content. I haven’t seen this answered by Microsoft Studios or Forgotten Empires yet, so good question!

I only remember the trailer for Rise of Rome, and that’s because at the time I loved the line: “Unfortunately your new neighbor has other plans…Welcome to Rome!”

Still, it would be fun to see some updated cinematics for this one!