Civ Concept: Persia (Yes another one)

I was going to do an Uzbek concept so I better get working on that before you beat me to it.

The units look mostly okay, but I see a few issues.

Gholams - They are slave soldiers that were generally the makeup of infantry masses. It doesn’t seem right to make them cavalry.

Firangi - From what I can tell prangi were Ottoman weapons that spread to India because of their use on ships. It didn’t look like they were used as extensively by Persia. Ideally they could serve as a Mughal skirm equivalent of India ever got split. Your suggested function also seems a little weird. Are you intending them to be counter-skirms?

Camel Gun - Rather than making a new unit to properly represent Zamburaks they really ought to just fix Zamburaks. India already has Howdahs so their light cavalry role is covered. I think something like a beefed up Rifle Rider that does siege damage would make most sense.

Darbzen/Zarbzan - I’d really like to see a generic Turkish style cannon that could be shared among most Muslim civs. This would be a good option for a Falconet equivalent for Ottomans, Persians, Mughals, Uzbeks, etc.

I know this is a work in progress, but in my opinion, all these building options kinda suck. Most of these are not even Persian.

Crops/Cash Crops is really lame and Noria is just a generic watermill so I don’t see the Persian connection.

Paradise Garden would be my pick for their agricultural building. They are very Persian and while their main purpose was aesthetic, they were also so full of fruit trees that they were practically orchards.

Ksar look to be Berber, not Persian.

Hammam isn’t a bad idea, but filling this role with a Caravanserai would be much better since it could be shared with every other Islamic civ.

Royal Palaces seems a bit conflicting with the African Palace. It also seems very arbitrary to make it a uniquely Middle Eastern building.

If you want shared Middle Eastern buildings you could maybe do a unique Bazaar market equivalent.

Is the Madrasah the main age up method or just a bonus way? Seems like most of the palace stuff could go there. Even so, I was thinking a Madrasah could instead be a good way to split up the Sufi Mosque holy site. You could split it as follows:

Sufi Mosque
Unit: Moro Swordsman
Shia Madrasah
Unit: Qizilbash
Sunni Ribat
Unit: Ghazi Raider
Location: Most Muslim areas with emphasis on Africa and Western Asia

1 Like