Civ Concept: Persia (Yes another one)

Gholams - They are slave soldiers that were generally the makeup of infantry masses. It doesn’t seem right to make them cavalry.

Gholam 3
Gholam 2
Gholam 1

Dunno where you got that info from because Gholams not only were cavalry units, but as the centuries passed they became the most prestigious of the military units of Persia.

They also were explicitly created to replace the Qizilbash, which is very convenient to, well, not have the Qizilbash as a unit here so we can keep the native site unit.

Firangi - From what I can tell prangi were Ottoman weapons that spread to India because of their use on ships. It didn’t look like they were used as extensively by Persia. Ideally they could serve as a Mughal skirm equivalent of India ever got split. Your suggested function also seems a little weird. Are you intending them to be counter-skirms?

They were common enough. The Firangi is indeed meant to be a Counter-Skirm, mostly because the civ has no Crossbowman in the Barracks, but they have an unit that counters ranged cav on Age II already, so they just need an unit that supplies the other role (+ countering artillery), maybe it’s too minmaxed and just a literal Abus Gun would be better, I dunno.

The Iran at War book actually described several interesting weapons that I mostly didn’t include because it doesn’t elaborate much upon them, which is a shame because they sound like the most unique:
Siege

Camel Gun - Rather than making a new unit to properly represent Zamburaks they really ought to just fix Zamburaks.

It is what it is. I just worked around what we have already. For what is worth, the Persian army of the Napoleonic era does actually have a name for heavier Camel Guns compared to Zamburaks.

Shaheenchee

These are Afghan though.

I know this is a work in progress, but in my opinion, all these building options kinda suck. Most of these are not even Persian.

These are meant to be shared buildings.

Crops/Cash Crops is really lame and Noria is just a generic watermill so I don’t see the Persian connection.

Noria is very much an arab word and it represents a very regional way of growing crops. I don’t see why I should give Persia an unique resource mechanic. Like Paradise Gardens works fine as a card or a tech, but why an unique building?

Ksar look to be Berber, not Persian.

Livestock Pens are always a pain to design, piling the two useless buildings each culture has (Livestock Pen + Outpost) with a name that’s appropiate is a very good move imo.

Hammam isn’t a bad idea, but filling this role with a Caravanserai would be much better since it could be shared with every other Islamic civ.

What makes Hammams less Pan-Islamic than Caravansarys?

Royal Palaces seems a bit conflicting with the African Palace. It also seems very arbitrary to make it a uniquely Middle Eastern building.

Point taken. I needed some unique building to not make the culture so plain and this is the best thing I could come up with. Ideally they should get some unique resource they gather somehow. But ain’t got no idea atm.

Is the Madrasah the main age up method or just a bonus way? Seems like most of the palace stuff could go there.

The only age up method. I mostly don’t think you can move the Palace stuff here because there’s no space in the UI. Although with the new technology provided by those semi-big-buttons africans have maybe something could be worked out. Definitely an interesting venue to explore.

About Persian explorer/here i think Dervish will be good choice

If we made Persia as an “asian” civ, Dervish would ironically fit the warrior monk template well.

And why not making them Asian civ ?
I know making 5 unique wonders is not a easy work for devs but I think its time for Asia

They just look odd having most of the Asian features, although no less than the Asian civs already ingame I guess. I had made a wonder shortlist way back when, no idea where I left it though. Doable for sure.

A unique market called bazar would be a great idea!

Is there any reason to have an unique market other than just because we can?

Like I guess that’s literally the logic behind the Africans having Ports rather than Docks, but dunno, I don’t see the justification here.