Civ Disparity (my frustrating issue)

i have played Aoe2 DE since launch (month breaks here and there)

i have over 2k 1v1s played in the range of 900 - 1330 elo

if i play mongols i win consistently up until 1150 elo or so and if i play anything else i lose consistently until around 950 elo or so …

i am a big Eco player always FC and drop TCs and pump out vills. I cannot manage an army and eco until late castle at the earliest …

Hussar / Ram / Mangduai wins me all my games and i dont know how to assemble a proper army with other civs…

im just tired basically of my terribleness and the fact that 1/5th of my games feel competitive … i either annihilate up until 1200 or so (with mongols only) or lose terribly at 200 elo lower with any other civ

sorry if this is disjointed / ranty but i both love and hate this game and i came here to vent … any advice>?

Maybe you’re relying wayyy too much on civ specific build orders? I have a similarish ELO to you with Mongols, but main Random instead, as a result of getting frustrated with robotically following hyper specific build orders, so I instead follow a series of general production rules (6 on sheep for constant vil production, etc)