Civilian class with/without task swap group bug for mods

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: latest build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store (both)
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

regardless of task swap group for a custom unit (when they differ from male or female villagers), the below always happen.

1. When a custom unit with class 4 (civilian) is in a group selection with any villager (1 or multiple, male or female), using repair button to repair building causing said unit to turn into a female villager. when using right click to repair this doesn’t happen, but when using repair button by manually clicking on the repair icon and then clicking building, this action triggers the bug.
  1. When a custom unit with class 4 (civilian) is under attack by scout, or eagle scout that has attack damage 5 or lower, it turns said custom unit into a villager. this is likely the mechanics to have villagers auto fight back if the scout has 5 or less damage, but once it has 6 attack villager no longer fights back and runs away.

this is a big problem for mods, please fix this.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

custom units with civilian class will NOT be affected by said issue above especially when task swap group is not used, attached 2 videos of this happening.

Hi @thieftdp8498 !

Can you tell me a mod where I can test those wolves or the other flying unit?

Thanks!

1 Like

@IkoKnight8151

this is the mod here Mods Single - Age of Empires

to build it, I have included a video for how to make the custom units.

• pick khmer, standard age start
  • build hut at start (villager build page 1, icon is located right below market if missing icon picutre)
  • make wolf from hut
  • go to post imperial age
  • build wonder, research 1st icon (top left corner in wonder)
  • after research, build new building (villager build page 1, again located below market, different building than hut)
  • make flying unit (top row, 2nd column)
  • group select villagers with wolf and fly unit, right click repair is ok. using repair icon turns them back into female villagers.

as for the wolf gets turned into female villager upon attacked by scouts (it is damaged related once over 5 damage they no longer turns).

1 Like

Hi @thieftdp8498 !

I could not reproduce the issue with the wolves and the scout, but I could reproduce the one with the Repair button. So we are now tracking this issue ^-^

Thanks for your detailed post, it helped me a lot :heart:

1 Like

the wolf and the scout is random, because sometimes villager dont fight back. its when the fight back “triggers” the turn. maybe make like 10 wolves and have another player use starting scout (cant have any blacksmith upgrade) to do attack.

it has to be scout, eagle scout as their ID are hard coded for villager to fight back.