Civilization cosmetic questions

Just curious if there will be different art sets for each of the civilizations? I know in the classic version all the buildings looked exactly the same. It would be a nice addition to the game IMO.

@“Devs LFC” said:
Just curious if there will be different art sets for each of the civilizations? I know in the classic version all the buildings looked exactly the same. It would be a nice addition to the game IMO.

I agree, it would be gorgeous, but don’t think so… seems they will keep the same artistic architecture for every ‘‘3-civ pack’’ (4 in the case of Rome-Carthage-Palmyra-Macedon). Maybe some future mods will work on and do it.

They will have the different sets for a group of civs just like in the original. So, Egyptian, Greek, Babylonian, Yamato and Roman architecture.

Personally I think that this will be enough - remembering that it is a smaller project and not a full re-feature etc. Besides, IF they announce they will consider a new AoE, there will be no need to do 16 different sets. However, I’d like if they left that open to modding. I’m sure people would like to make graphics for their favourite civs or buildings :slight_smile:

As we have said before, the game will remain the same, it will only be restructured and updated but its essence will still be the same.