Civilization Craft: Tibetans

Golden Arrows = Infantry buff? That doesn’t make a huge amount of sense to me, but ok.

Golden Arrows weren’t actual arrows, as the Tibetans rarely used archers. Tibetan officers were part-time and were signified by golden arrows, which explains the name.

To anyone unfamiliar with that though, it would seem really strange.

But there’s still historical justification behind it, and it might get people to look on the wiki or the internet to figure out the history. Historically accurate names shouldn’t be changed just because they might be unintuitive; there are tooltips, after all.

Tooltips don’t explain that though, do they?

The tooltips explain what the techs do, so the names are basically just additional historical aspects.

CHANGELOG 2

• Increased Steppe Lancer anti-cavalry armor from Lamellar Armor
  • Changed Golden Arrow Warriors’ effect and the corresponding historical explanation

@AllergicTable49 I’m no good at math, so can you crunch the numbers and see how Tibetan 2H Swordsmen would fare against Champions with the new Golden Arrow Warriors effect?

Since they’re missing HC, Heavy CA and Arbalester/Crossbow, it’s a nice addition to have anti-Infantry feature.

+5 is more than enough for your THS to shred Champions. That’s the obvious part. Their Halbs however, they do 30% more damage to Eagles than Eagles do to them, yet attacking at a slower rate, 33% worse than an Eagle. So basically this civ is the only civ in the game that has a Halb that can man up against an Eagle, that’s an interesting feature, they trade 1 for 1 roughly.

It’s a fair bonus to have, Especially on the Halbs.

2 Likes

Good. That means my decision to keep the Champion out of the tech tree was wise, since they’d become way too strong with them. I want infantry to be complementary, not the bulk of the army.

I didn’t consider Halbs vs Eagles, since that’s a matchup I almost never see. They’d certainly be very good in trash wars.

So that means it’s a good tech then. Excellent. I seem to be getting better at this.

1 Like

I like this civilization’s design. I would prefer if the yaks were trainable at mills rather than the TC though, and were by default “garrisoned” like the Gurjaras do. They should also probably cost gold to train, as if you’re basically purchasing them.

For the castle design, I imagine something like the Leh palace or the Potala palace.

not sure if this is a good design because you basically gave this civ sicillian’s bonus + cataphract on foot.

@DynasticPlanet5 Interesting, but do you think China would allow such a thing? Might get the game banned in China, would be a cool civ tho.