Civs Distribution

What is that building that looks like a tiny version of the Mongolian wonder? Is it a house?

Its a house.
Word limit

Yes. I guess the designer wanted the houses to be distinguishable from the yurts that are already in game.

Current State of Game:

CivIcon-Ethiopiansmalians

byzantinesitaliansportuguesesiciliansCivIcon-Spanishromansarmeniansgeorgians

chinesejapanesekoreansmongolsvietnamese

cumanstatars

gothshunsteutonsCivIcon-Vikings

bengalisdravidiansgurjarasindians

CivIcon-AztecsincasCivIcon-Mayans

berberspersianssaracensturks

CivIcon-BurmesekhmerCivIcon-Malay

bohemiansslavsCivIcon-Bulgarianslithuaniansmagyarspoles

britonsburgundiansceltsfranks

An interesting chart I have created to complement this = Word History Chart AoE 1-2-3

3 Likes

Other than the central european set everybody else got an addition after the cd version.

1 Like

It’s interesting how the focal path of agglomeration shifted from Levant to Italy to Atlantic.

We need a Black Sea set inspired by Georgian, Armenian, and Byzantine architecture for those three civs and the Bulgarians, clearing up the Mediterranean and Eastern European sets a bit. In future DLC, we can get the Siamese with SEA architecture, and the Shona, Soninke, Songhai, and others with the African set.

3 Likes

Is this necro-ing a thread? The last post was in Jul 2022.

Id normally agree but its the creators own thread so it SHOULD be an exception.

As someone who refurbishes my civ concepts after sometimes forgetting for over a year Id rather not seem lazy or repetitive and I know someone else did the same and refuted me with similar response

You have got some problem? You seem to be targeting me in every thread without any reason.

Now I cannot continue my own thread? Need to create a new one?

The African set, Central Asian set, Mesoamerican set, and SE Asian set are severely lacking in civs, whereas the Mediterranean and East European sets are saturated with civs.

5 Likes

I have not replied to you in every thread. This is a false statement. I replied to you in one thread and I asked a general question in this thread wanting to know the forum rules about necro-ing threads. Please remain reasonable. Thanks.

Got anything to contribute to this thread apart from this hostile behaviour?

Making a question about forum rules is not hostile behavior I am afraid.

I’d like to see an architecture set for the Byzantines, Bulgarians, Georgians and Armenians.

2 Likes

Let’s be real, no architecture is going to come for free. Now that the DLC is released already without it, the opportunity to get Caucasian Architecture is lost. Or perhaps this is the surprise they are talking about? They want to release Architectures as DLCs in future? I don’t believe in their vague promises though, they are most of the time just to keep the community engaged and don’t mean anything literal. There was a note “you like DoI, we are taking notes”, all of us thought there is going to be another civ split, yet 2 dlcs, 1.5 years passed nothing related to that note happened. I do agree though we can use new architecture to divide mediterranean into two, nomadic architecture, east african architecture, andean architecture on priority. And we can get a few more then dravidian-nagara architecture split, malay-khmer architecture split, japanese-chinese architecture split, viking architecture.

I didn’t create this thread for discussing what new architecture can be added, there are hundreds of threads already open for that. I created it to discuss a compromise if the devs don’t have the resources to add new architecture. Then how can they distribute the civs (existing and new) into architecture sets in order to get the most out of each.

1 Like

The second post of this thread is a reply by you to your topic where you show the architecture sets with more civs that do not exist in the game. So I thought this is not just about shifting civilizations to other architecture sets. So that’s why I suggested a new architecture set. I hope this clears things up.

You are free to introduce new civilization but you cannot add more architecture (assuming you are dev and you simply don’t have the budget). Then how will you add ?

1 Like

Agreed.

Yes, sadly. It was a very unfortunate decision (or perhaps fortunate for me, because now I can choose what I want the architecture to look like, rather than having to settle for the devs’ new set).

That really could be it. Though, it is supposed to be something no one expects, and everyone expects it. Conversely, what is expected becomes unexpected simply because the act of claiming that something else will be added makes the expected thing unexpected. Therefore, even expected things can be in the running, and can apply to the statement made. This means that literally any possible thing can be what they are referring to except for the one guarantee - new civs.

I think the Persian rework was probably what they were referring to.