Clans System Not Working

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 8752729
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Whenever entering the clan tab in the multiplayer menu, the game becomes unresponsive and requires a restart before any other multiplayer features will work. Unable to search clans or leave a current one.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Load the game
  2. Select Multiplayer
  3. Select the Clans tab

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Ability to interact with the menu, join and leave clans, then play the game as normal.

Hi @Sensar1702

We weren’t able to reproduce this issue. Can you try to verify your files in the Steam Library? Age of Empires II → Right button → Properties → Local files
Does it happen often?

Thank you!:slight_smile:

Hi @Felizon89 ! Thanks for looking into this. I’ve verified my files and reinstalled the game and am still having buggy interactions with the clan browser (it never loads after minutes of waiting) and inability for the game to leave the clan/interact with other functions when I’ve clicked the “leave” button.

We are now tracking this issue :slight_smile:
In the mean time, if you are not yet able to leave a clan, try waiting for 10 minutes once you press the button “Leave Clan”, we are aware of the delay when leaving clans and already tracking the issue.
I hope it helps :slight_smile:

I guess 10 minutes is the lucky number to leave! That’s so long. I did still require a restart afterwards. Thank you, Felizon.

1 Like