Clocks ticking and

I’m sure the same could be said of most of us that we’re all waiting for that fateful announcement that the beta has officially begun. How are you dealing with the anticipation of being considered? Are you nervous, bored or indifferent to being chosen?

I’m quite relaxed, I know I won’t be accepted into the beta because when I signed up for it I wasn’t running Windows 10 yet. :smiley:

@Stryder said:
I’m quite relaxed, I know I won’t be accepted into the beta because when I signed up for it I wasn’t running Windows 10 yet. :smiley:

In other words you would be described as a patient individual that won’t allow the masses to control your destiny. Nice.

Work and family. If I don’t get selected for beta, I’ll be reliving my youth by playing some RoR anyway. I’m relatively sure I answered a few questions in the survey “wrong” and as such won’t get in (e.g. Q: do you buy games as soon as they come out or wait until they go on sale? A: go on sale).

I’m on summer vacation before uni kicks off, so I’m just sitting and waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

Well… something true is, we all would like to be choosen, but … at the end, the game will come out, and I will get it anyways haha … In the meantime, I’m playing another game while i wait. And of course, I’m watching videos of how set your economy, I want to be ready again for the competitive scene :slight_smile:

@DiveDive3726 said:

@Stryder said:

In other words you would be described as a patient individual that won’t allow the masses to control your destiny. Nice.

Haha indeed!

In truth, I secretly hope I’ll be able to sneak in when the second waves of beta Keys will be sent… assuming they make us fill in a new application form (to prove I’m actually running on a supported OS). :smiley:

I’m passing the time by playing other strategy games - I’m a huge fan of Civilization and I have played many games of AOE2 as the Byzantines; it’s the closest thing I can get to Rome!

I also recently bought Northgard and it’s nice. Just trying to keep myself from getting too bored with several things.

Age of Empires III has helped me pass the time.

Im enjoying Age of Empires 2, did a Chinese Crossbowman funnel and didnt allow myself to build gates or trebs/bombards in honour of AOE DE ^^

I was supposed to wait with my yearly run of ror singleplayer in anticipation of the DE. Things did not go as planned. Currently working my way through Glory of Greece.

Keep Calm and relax :slight_smile:

I’m getting fed up to be honest, they indicated it was happening soon but it’s clear the moderators are out of the loop.

It’s getting a bit desperate reading stuff how Chariot Archers need 3 pierce armour, Cataphracts need 4, Axeman with Tower Shield supposedly can kill composite bowmen etc etc. It’s time now to stop theorycrafting and get beta testing.

We need to be sure we get the bugs ironed out as by limiting themselves to the Windows Store they are already restricting the market so we need to get it ‘right’ everywhere else.

One thing that was nice about the new SC remaster is that they had a series of articles that unlocked about once a week on a scheduled date. This encouraged you to log on and see what new info they were sharing. As for AoEDE they got off to a nice start with screenshots and interviews but seem to have moved on to some other projects at the moment.

Speaking of which I am sure the community coordinator for AoEDE has a lot of other responsabilities as well, probably multiple games and/or other products.

I found a couple of my copies of the game to install on my new PC:-

Doh!

No CD drive :smiley:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
I found a couple of my copies of the game to install on my new PC:-

Doh!

Yeah, that’s my problem too.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Doh!

Haha got the same issue :wink: Thankfully AoE is perma-installed on my dropbox, this has saved me on two laptops so far :blush:

@GepardenKalle said:

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Doh!

Haha got the same issue :wink: Thankfully AoE is perma-installed on my dropbox, this has saved me on two laptops so far :blush:

I do have another PC and can rummage for an external cdrw luckily, hopefully will be on Voobly tomorrow night.

@aquablade351 said:
I’m passing the time by playing other strategy games - I’m a huge fan of Civilization and I have played many games of AOE2 as the Byzantines; it’s the closest thing I can get to Rome!

I also recently bought Northgard and it’s nice. Just trying to keep myself from getting too bored with several things.

I am gonna buy Northgard too (steam discount OMG), add me in Steam :wink: (KingDarBoja nickname).

By the way, I am just waiting for the beat but I feel hopeless because I don’t have WIN 10 yet. Just playing a lot of AOE III to relax and AOE 2 campaign just for the archivements.

@GepardenKalle said:
I was supposed to wait with my yearly run of ror singleplayer in anticipation of the DE. Things did not go as planned. Currently working my way through Glory of Greece.

I’m on the “I’ll Be Back” scenario at the moment. There’s not nearly as much hand-holding in the AoE1 campaigns! I’m impressed at how challenging some of the scenarios are.